Montefiore Medical Center RESPIRATORY THERAPIST-REG in Bronx, New York
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provide Respiratory support to all patients with abnormalities of cardiopulmonary function.
Administration and monitoring of all diagnostic and therapeutic modalities within the service's scope of practice.Initiate, monitor, and adjust parameters on all patients receiving HFNC, NIPPV, Invasive mechanical ventilation or other modalities (ex: Vest therapy, Cough Assist, Mobilization, Nitric Oxide, etc.) as per physician order.Medications are administered with zero errors in the dosage, and the patient's response is documented in the medical record. The Respiratory Therapist will show proficiency in all methods of aerosol drug administration, including metered dose inhalers and nebulizers.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: RESPIRATORY CARE SERVICES
* Graduate of an AMA Respiratory Program or Certificate of completion from an AMA accredited program
* Current NYS Respiratory Therapist License.
* CRT, RRT or Registry Eligible by the National Board for Respiratory Care. (CRT may perform procedures under the supervision of an RRT).
* Current BLS by the American Heart Association.
* 1-2 years of experience in Respiratory Therapy preferred
* Pediatric/ Neonatal experience preferred
Department: Respiratory Therapy Bargaining Unit: 1199 Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Per Diem Address: 111 East 210th Street, Bronx
Shift: Night Scheduled Hours: PER DIEM Req ID: 141514
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.