ConEdison Operating Mechanic B L1-2, Gas Eng Pressure Control in Bronx, New York
Operating Mechanic B L1-2, Gas Eng Pressure Control
Feb 8, 2021
Posting Expiration Date:Apr 16, 2021
Department:Gas Engineering Transmission
Section:GAS ENG Pressure Control
Location:NY-Bronx-Bruckner Blvd Service Center
Production Technician L1-2, Steam Operations 59th St Station Svcs (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6556862-production-technician-l1-2)
Electrical Technician L1-2, System & Transmission Computer Operations
Jr Electrical Technician L1-2 Gas I&C (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6270707-jr-electrical-technician-l1-2-gas-i-and-c)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The candidate who obtains this position must qualify and advance through career path training to Mechanic A titles in Gas Operations and must be fully operator qualified in this title within fifteen months from acceptance of this position.
Perform as a contributing mechanic with the installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of gas regulating and monitoring equipment.
Use hand and power tools.
Perform facility maintenance associated with Con Edison natural gas gate stations
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years of gas related experience.
Required Work Experience
2 years Must have working knowledge of requirements associated with the installation, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of gas regulating and monitoring equipment. Req And
2 years Must possess basic mechanical/electrical skills such as: Tubing bending, Installation of conduit, Pipefitting, Flange on fitting connections, Screwed piping installation
Skills & Ability
Strong written and verbal communication skills And
Demonstrated written communication skills And
Performs work independently with minimal supervision And
Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
Demonstrates a high commitment to quality And
Strong mechanical skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Must respond to system emergencies
Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confimed spaces
Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
Must climb ladders and stairs
Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
Must enter underground vaults through manholes
Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
Must be clean shaven and approved to wear self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.