Wheelabrator Technologies Lead Laborer in Brockton, Massachusetts
Built on the principle that sustainable waste management is an integral part of our environmental and economic infrastructure, Wheelabrator Technologies is a vertically-integrated waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to the customers and communities we serve. Wheelabrator Technologies owns or operates 43 strategically located assets in the U.S. and the U.K. including our Tunnel Hill Partners and City Carting & Recycling locations.
Wheelabrator is owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a business within the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie Group and a global alternative asset manager focused on real estate, infrastructure, agriculture and energy assets. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com or www.tunnelhillpartners.com or www.citycarting.net.
Our Champion City facility in Brockton, MA is currently looking for a Lead Laborer who is confident and enthusiastic individual and can maintain the appearance and environmental compliance at the Facility. This position will require high overall safety awareness in particular to high traffic conditions and must wear proper PPE. Also, this position will require picking and sorting construction and demolition material, performs cleaning functions. In addition to, duties may include sweeping, shoveling, scraping, painting, and housekeeping.
- Picking and Sorting C&D material on tipping floor
- Supporting facility housekeeping by sweeping, shoveling, picking windblown litter, and raking.
- Wearing proper PPE including gloves, hard hat, safety glasses, high-vis vest, safety toe boots and mask.
- Follows standard safety procedures
- Work Overtime as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Embrace the Company's safety culture and core values
- Work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Work side by side with other laborers and demonstrates good leadership
- Communicate and work well with others
- Follows standard safety procedures (example-Lock out Tag Out)
- Attends morning safety briefings with crew
- Arrives to work on time and maintains good attendance
- Direct truck traffic needed
- Manage materials and other facility needs
Physical Demands include but is not limited to:
- Handle tools, equipment, fine motor skills
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb stairs
- Stoop, kneel, bend, push, pull, crawl
- Lift 50 pounds
- Works outdoors in all types of weather conditions
Each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.