Blinn College Part-Time Faculty Communication Studies (SPCH classes) in Brenham, Texas
Requisition Number: 2020079F
Job Type: Part Time
Job Category: Faculty
Job Description Summary:
Perform part-time operations of the instructional program. Faculty members at Blinn College are unranked and have the common title of faculty.
Essential Duties :
Blinn College expects all faculty members to demonstrate a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence. The essential duties of all faculty are as follows:
Instruction and Classroom Management
• Maintain access to students through office hours and electronic communication.
• Prepare, maintain and utilize an accurate course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
• Utilize a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media and educational resources.
• Maintain student participation and attendance in class.
• Conduct classes and final exams punctually and in accordance with the prescribed meeting schedule.
• Advise or refer students to available academic support, advising, and counseling services.
• Maintain a positive and professional relationship with students.
• Hold sole responsibility to assess students’ performances through a range of formative and summative assessments and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner.
• Assist in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
Professional Development and Service
• Exhibit a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development opportunities and effective teaching methodologies.
• Actively engage in collegial activities in a professional manner across the department, college, and communities such as departmental meetings, committees, and Blinn College partner collaborations, if required.
• Submit timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions.
• Comply with all college policies and procedures.
• Exhibit effective communication skills, both written and oral.
• Attend college orientations, required institutional meetings, and trainings.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
This posting is for a Distance Education teaching position. This posting is to teach online classes.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Master’s degree in Speech, Communications, or Communication Studies with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in communication coursework unrelated to the study of mass communications (radio/television productions, journalism, media criticism, broadcasting, public relations, films studies, media writing, etc.).
Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in communications unrelated to mass communications.
Must be able to pass required background checks for Blinn and background checks and/or finger printing for any external facilities, per their requirements.
Must have online teaching experience.
Knowledge of, or interest in, on-line instructional design.
College level teaching experience desirable.
Credentialing to teach COMM courses (Mass Communication) desirable.
Teaching experience in face to face and hybrid modalities.
Salary Range: per part time faculty salary schedule