Blinn College Online Part-Time Faculty-Accounting (ACCT) in Brenham, Texas
Requisition Number: 2021018F
Job Type: Part Time
Job Category: Faculty
Job Description Summary:
To perform the day-to-day operations of the Accounting instructional program as an online instructor.
Essential Duties :
• Provides instruction for online courses.
• Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
• Maintains access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
• Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
• Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
• Evaluates students’ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
• Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
• Provides recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
• Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
• Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments.
• Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
• Possesses a passion for teaching community college students.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally.
• Attends college orientation and required institutional meetings.
• Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be Quality Matters credentialed, with IYOC Improving Your Online Course or APPQMR Applying the QM Rubric certification.
College/University online teaching experience required.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other instructors, staff, administration and students.
Ability to instruct students while achieving the course learning objectives.
College face-to-face teaching experience preferred
Training or coursework in accounting pedagogy
Salary Range: Per part-time faculty salary schedule