Artis Senior Living Housekeeping - Full-Time in Branford, Connecticut
Housekeeping insures that the community is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition at all times to provide for care and welfare of the residents in a healthful environment. Housekeeping has knowledge of institutional housekeeping operations, including supply ordering, cleaning procedures, and equipment operations.
Essential Position Functions:
- Consistently follows task list for apartment cleaning as directed by the Director of Environmental Services.
- Effectively communicates limitations of service to the resident when asked.
- Is fully aware of the work that is included in scheduled housekeeping and what may be changed.
- Accurately fills out supply requisition and completes on a timely basis.
- Accurately labels resident linen and/or personal laundry.
- Maintains equipment in good working condition and returns it to the proper location after use.
- Immediately reports any accident or work-related injury.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, moving furniture and using chemicals.
- Is aware of individual resident needs and reports noticeable changes in functioning to supervisor.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Puts Customer Service First; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
Performs all other duties as requested. Education/Experience:
Must have demonstrated experience in cleaning and bed making and be sensitive to needs of elders and disabled individuals.
- A high school degree or graduation equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.