HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Collections Specialist in Bowling Green, Kentucky
Last year alone, our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Medical Collections Specialist within our ambulatory surgery division, you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. Within our Ambulatory Surgery Division, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Collections Specialist like you to be a part of our team.
As the Medical Collections Specialist, you will contribute to the company’s mission, vision, and values by completing follow-up and collections for patient services. Under the supervision of the Business Office Manager/Business Office Supervisor, you will obtain payment from third party payers and self-pay accounts to enhance cash flow and gather reimbursement based on established contracts.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform follow up activities on accounts to ensure prompt payment
- You will identify coding or billing errors from EOBs and work to correct them
- You will monitor insurance claims and contact insurance companies to resolve claims
- You will update the patient account record to identify actions taken
- You will assign bad debt accounts to the collection agency
- You will act as a liaison and administer contracts in collection of third party accounts (Medicare and Medicaid)
- You will complete account reconciliation of accounts turned over to outside agencies
- You will negotiate payment plans on self-pay accounts
- You are responsible for maintaining accounts receivable and creating a reduction in bad debt
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Collections Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Greenview Surgery Center_ 26882_is*proud to have a distinguished reputation as a provider of ambulatory surgical care serving Bowling Green, KY and the residents of Warren County.Opening in 2019, we are a state-of-the-art facility located near I-65 off of Lovers Lane in Bowling Green. We are the first HCA Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Kentucky. We are home toWestern Kentucky University, the Corvette Plant and Museum. Greenview Surgery Center has 3 operating rooms and 2 procedure rooms.Performing 275 cases per month, our specialties includeGYN, GI, orthopedics, ENT, ophthalmology, urology, pain management, and general surgery. We are a AAAHC facility for/HCA Healthcare/, who has been named one of the world’smost ethical companies*by Ethisphere since 2010.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Qualifications you will need: * Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred * Knowledge of managed care payers and medical terminology is preferred
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Medical Collections Specialist
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 26882-88492