TEKsystems Operations Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
At this company, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on thethis company to collect, analyze, and act on feedback. This company allows organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
About the Team
The Core Platform organization is responsible for building and supporting critical systems and services which are used by all of this company's product line teams. Examples range from a centralized messaging platform with client libraries, to our A/B testing service, to our asynchronous job ecosystem, to our logging, metrics, and alerting infrastructure, to our storage systems.
This role is focused on supporting all of the subteams of Core Platform. All of the subteams of Core Platform share similar challenges in maintaining high quality user documentation, managing vulnerability resolution, and building tooling to support team processes.
● You will build, automate, and manage the tools and processes around vulnerability patching
● You will enhance team runbooks and wikis to build out the Knowledge Bases across Core Platform services
● Serving as a point of contact for triaging developer issues and directing them to the correct team or documentation
● Participation and support for operational incidents
● Disaster Recovery strategies and tooling
● Understanding and support of the alerting, metrics, and logging systems
Linux, Python, Aws, Automation, Cloud
Top Skills Details:
2+ years of software development or operations experience
Experience with AWS technologies, or other “devops” technologies including Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, Vault, orchestration frameworks such as K8s or Nomad
Experience with shell scripts and/or other scripting languages like Bash and Python
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
● Experience with AWS technologies, or other “devops” technologies including Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, Vault, orchestration frameworks such as K8s or Nomad
● Experience with shell scripts and/or other scripting languages like Bash and Python
● Experience with Rundeck and Ansible
● Experience with Unix/Linux platforms
● Experience with writing wikis, FAQs, or other technical documentation
● Proficiency solving problems and identifying the root cause of issues
● Capability to retain composure and communicate effectively during operational incidents
● Ability to understand large systems, drilling down to code level
Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of technical and non-technical audiences
● Bachelor's degree in CS preferred, or in a hard science or Information Systems
● 2+ years of software development or operations experience
● Experience with high-availability systems
● Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
● Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.