Gardant Management Solutions Personal Care Attendant in Bolingbrook, Illinois
Recruiting for Personal Care Attendant to join our All Star Big League Team:
The community is managed by Gardant Management Solutions who is the 10th Largest Assisted Living operator in the United States.
The Personal Care Attendant will cover all the bases through a results oriented approach to develop and cultivate relationships with the residents and families. Our draft pick will be a professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide assistance to assigned residents with the activities of daily living in accordance with the residents individualized service plan. Such responsibilities shall include assistance with dressing, bathing set up, personal hygiene, supervision and stand-by assist with toileting, escorting, dining support, encourage eating and hydration, and social reassurance. Report all changes of condition and Resident concerns to supervisor. Respond to emergency call alerts in accordance with facility policies. Assist with dietary, housekeeping, laundry and activity departmental activities as assigned. Document, on a daily basis, as to resident assistance activities and resident status in accordance with facility policy.
Fulfills the following responsibilities:
- Receives report and assignment when coming on duty and gives report on assigned residents when going off duty.
- Attend General Orientation and PCA Training/competency classes, at time of hire and annually, as indicated.
- Is aware of resident needs for social and psychological support.
- Is aware of and adheres to Resident’s Bill of Rights and confidentiality of resident information.
Is aware of Resident Abuse Reporting Law. Requirements:
Must complete a specialized training program and successfully complete a Competency Exam.
- Enrollment in an approved CNA Training Program is encouraged and supported.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge. High School graduates are preferred.
- Be able to read, speak and understand the English language or a language understood by a substantial percentage of the facility’s residents.
- Provide evidence of employment or occupation, if any, and residence for two years prior to initial employment as a nursing assistant.
- Complete the same background checks as do Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and work independently in the absence of supervision.