Meissner Filtration Products, Inc. Manger of Regional Sales, Europe in Bodenheim, Germany
Based out of his/her home office. It is the primary responsibility of the Manager of Regional Sales, Europe to manage and lead the Key Account Program Sales organization within the European Region. The Manager of Regional Sales, Europe develops, coordinates and implements Meissner’s Sales strategy in line with the companies’ strategic plan; and delivers the Sales performance of his/her Key Account Sales Team.
Manager of Regional Sales, Europe supports the development of new business for the company’s highly successful product portfolio’s consisting of sterilizing-grade filters, depth filters, single-use systems and supporting hardware and equipment in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical market segments, and to ensure that Sales targets and goals of the region are met or exceeded.
The Manager of Regional Sales, Europe covers a territory of Key Accounts (excl. House Accounts and Distributor Accounts and OEM Accounts) in Western and Eastern Europe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following, which may also be amended at any time:
• Hire, onboard, lead, develop, coach and retain a Sales team able to drive not only the current goals and opportunities but also be able to support future growth and strategic direction.
• Develop and support the development of Key Account revenue Growth across the Region.
• Expand the number of targeted Key Accounts in Europe.
• Assist with setting and tracking Sales targets and KPIs.
• Coordinate Sales projects to meet deadlines, i.e. RFQ’s, QA document related, etc.
• Execute Sales analysis, prepare Sales reports and suggest improvements to Senior Management
• Utilize customer feedback to generate creative ideas about new features or products
• Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement
• Review and modify business plans to ensure alignment with the strategic direction and achievement of targets.
• Oversees Pricing/Discounting strategy of the Sales team, while keeping our profitability in focus.
• Develops along with the KAM the Stakeholder Maps of the larger Key Accounts.
• Develop with the Business Development Director and the Director of Sales a winning Key Account Sales Strategy for Europe and drive the Global Key Account strategy.
• Builds an open-communication culture inside of the team.
• Develop and manage Sales Process/Procedures.
• Collaborate closely with Marketing, Product Management, and other internal departments as necessary.
• Achieve or exceed annual Sales targets and key goals for the filter, single-use systems and supporting hardware portfolios as set by the Senior Management
• Manage and handle Sales and technical inquiries from prospects and clients promptly and professionally with a high attention to detail.
• Represent the company in a positive and loyal manner at all times.
• Apply high-level consultatory and strategic sales methods and techniques while presenting the value proposition of our filter, single-use systems and supporting hardware portfolios to prospects.
• Establish and/or maintain on an ongoing basis a computerized database of customers and activities, i.e., CRM.
• Provide local and national market intelligence, e.g., market channel trends, policies, practices, new products, Sales campaigns, prices, discounts, as these are brought to our attention.
• Demonstrate superior Applications and product knowledge through presentations, promotional programs and Sales campaigns.
• Participate in our industry trade shows, seminars, conferences, and meetings as instructed by the Director of Sales/Director of Marketing.
• Ensure all leads and opportunities are followed up by the team in a timely manner for best chance of success, documented in CRM.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
TIME & TRAVEL MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
• This is a home-office based position, located within the regional territory.
• Travel as necessary, up to 50%, inclusive of overnight trips, while following company travel and expense policy guidelines.
• Enable the use of technology to enhance time management: laptop computers, cell phones, video teleconferences, etc.
• Allocate time and take initiative to learn new products and services, new applications, and Sales presentation skills with regard to new product offerings.
• Schedule training and client review meetings on a regular basis, or as needed.
• Maintain an organized and up to date CRM system
• Submit requested Management reports on time.
• Approve subordinates PTO requests
• Complete and submit Expense reports on a routine, timely basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with relevant practical experience that demonstrate a strong ability and proven competency to work effectively as a Sales Team Manager within the biopharmaceutical industry.
• A minimum of five (5) years' relevant industry experience in a business-to-business sales environment. Proactive, goal driven with a collaborative mindset and attitude.
• A minimum of (4) years of Life Science Management experience.
• Capable of developing and leveraging strong relationships to achieve better and faster results.
• In-depth understanding of the sales process.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team management skills.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, persuade and motivate a team.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Driven and ambitious individual with a strong desire to succeed.
• Experience as a technically proficient Sales professional selling filter and/or single-use systems and/or bioprocessing equipment in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry is required.
• Previous experience in either the filtration market or single-use market is desired.
• Proven performance with strong track record of meeting and exceeding Sales goals is a must.
LANGUAGE & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Professional skills in verbal and written communication.
• Excellent follow-up skills with customers, internal staff and Management.
• Successful Sales techniques and professional Sales skills including consultative and negotiation Sales skills.
• Ability to present to large groups and individuals including customers; colleagues and middle and executive Management.
• Self-confidence, poise, enthusiasm and a desire to excel.
• Ability to accept rejection and constructive criticism with professionalism and open mindedness.
• Superior listening skills and ability to value other opinions.
The ability to utilize computer skills is essential including the use of Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SharePoint and CRM programs.
Each employee of the Company is an at-will employee, unless specifically notified otherwise in writing. This means that the terms and conditions of employment may be changed with or without cause. It also means an employee may terminate their employment at any time, for any reason, and the Company has the same right to terminate an employees’ employment at any time for any reason.
Meissner Filtration Products is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 2021-1123
External Company URL: https://www.meissner.com/
Street: Am Kuemmerling 24-26