Indiana University Health Patient Care Technician: Adult Orthopedic Surgical Unit - Bloomington (FT/Days) in Bloomington, Indiana
We are looking for team members who are passionate about challenging and significant work for the good of every patient. We are searching for individuals who are compassionate, serve with a purpose, are dedicated to supporting their team, and who seek excellence every day.
Sound like a perfect match? Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you!
As a bedside caregiver, IU Health is seeking a Patient Care Technician (also known as a Patient Care Assistant or PCA) who will provide a phenomenal patient experience by anticipating the needs of patients such as providing drinks, assisting with meal ordering, encouraging walking, assisting with baths, and providing clean linens and gowns.
Our PCA's have compassion for our patients, a caring bedside manner, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will provide clinical assistance to the bedside RN by obtaining vital signs and reporting abnormalities or changes in a patient's behavior to the primary RN or charge nurse in order to detect and provide rapid treatment. A PCA always keeps patients safe by utilizing safety measures such as gait belts, bed and chair alarms, and staying within arm's reach of patients when moving around. If you are seeking a role where you can provide meaningful care to IU Health patients, we want to hear from you.
As part of an award-winning hospital system, our roles include:
Outstanding benefit package for part time and full-time positions
Development opportunities & tuition reimbursement
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
• Requires current Basic Life Support certification through the AHA or attainment at the completion of the IU Health PCA education program. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• Requires knowledge of care appropriate to the age and developmental level of the patients served.
• Requires up to date knowledge of procedures and standards related to patient care activities.
• Requires proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills.
• Requires constant mental awareness and the ability to withstand a high level of tension and stress.
• Requires ability to maintain concentration when subjected to frequent and varied interruptions and variable noise levels.
• Requires ability to exercise judgment and initiative in the resolution of problems encountered.
• Requires ability to set priorities and manage a high workload within a limited time for completion.
• Requires knowledge of procedures; equipment; software and standards related to patient care activities that non-licensed role performs (for example PCA/PCR/PCI).
• Requires knowledge of principles of infection control.
• Requires ability to perform physically demanding; repetitious movements.
• Requires ability to read and perform basic math.
• Requires ability to organize tasks and attend to details.
• Requires knowledge of principles of good personal hygiene and aseptic techniques to prevent infection of patients; self; and others. REQNUMBER: 318604