Cigna Healthcare Personalization Senior Data Scientist (Work from home)- Evernorth in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Evernorth Services’ Global Data & Analytics organization offers solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers to reduce health costs, improve outcomes, and measure and forecast business performance.
In this role, you will work closely with the customer advocacy and personalization strategy, product, service operations, digital and IT stakeholders to understand their strategy and provide recommendations on making data-driven decisions to meet their business objectives. The BA Senior Advisor will be responsible for conducting advanced analytics, research activities and health insurance program evaluations in efforts to provide a positive customer engagement experience leading to positive health outcomes. The goal of this position is to focus on modernizing our OneGuide, next best action, recommendation engine , which is currently in production.
You will work both independently and collaboratively within the Customer Personalization Analytics team and business stakeholders, exercising professional judgment and initiative, and accountability for the delivery and reliability of their work.
So, you’re interested in becoming the newest member of this team? Great choice! Let’s check some boxes to see if you fit the bill:
• Perform advanced trend analytics to answer “ what happened?”
• Conduct root cause statistical analyses to answer “ why did this happen?”
• Develop predictive models to answer “ what will happen next?” and “ who will take said actions and through what channel?”
• Mine data to answer “ where are the opportunities?”
• Deploy innovation processes and or results from test cases to answer “ how can we get better?”
This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
You will be expected to have the requisite content knowledge related to statistical modeling techniques, evaluating program outcomes and consumer and/or health services research. You will interface with business, digital, service, clinical, pricing, actuarial, reporting, product development, operations, and marketing departments as needed. The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, flexible and embrace change.
• Extraction and analysis of large healthcare claims data using SAS, SQL, R, Python, Teradata, Hadoop, etc.
• Opportunity analysis including descriptive and multivariate statistics to identify patterns in the data
• Design predictive models that will further power current and new NBA rules in OneGuide
• Design prospective and/or retrospective studies to determine the effectiveness of NBA recommendations and solutions i.e. matched-case control and randomized control trials
• Creation of actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders
• Work to automate model insights to include ongoing tuning, monitoring, efficacy and effectiveness
• Work in native and cloud environments to deploy advanced analytics
• Presentation of results and recommendations to non-technical business partners and stakeholders to help drive the decision-making process and support business operations for internal and external customers.
• Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Biostatistics, or Epidemiology highly preferred or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience in healthcare related analytics
• Experience with statistical software programming in SAS (SAS Enterprise Guide is a plus), Python or R is highly preferred
• Comprehension of healthcare data (e.g., ICD-9/ICD-10, claims, profiling), customer service, and digital data, including the statistical analysis experience such as: multivariate modeling
• Working knowledge of predictive modeling, data mining, as well as test design – including advanced modeling techniques
• Understanding and experience with insurance, customer service, and digital consumer concepts and practices and health care and delivery system processes
• Understanding and demonstrated modeling experience of how to engage customers through call and digital channels
• The ability to influence, drive, and improve the areas above, the person in this position will need to be self-motivated and possess strong leadership qualities, including a strong customer focus and managing stakeholder expectations
• Leadership competencies with the ability to collaborate well with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization at different levels, think and act strategically, and influence key leaders
• Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a highly-matrixed environment
• Emerging track record of presentations / publications desired
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Evernorth, Cigna Corporation’s health services segment, exists to elevate health for all. We're building on our legacy and redefining health care as we know it. Unbiased in how we think, we create without limitation. We partner without constraints, deliver value differently and act in the interest of humanity. Solving across silos, closing gaps in care, and empowering clients, customers, and people everywhere to move onward and upward. When you work with us, you’ll be empowered to solve the problems others don’t, won’t or can’t. Join us. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.