Cigna Audit Intern in Bloomfield, Connecticut
The Audit Intern will support corporate audits and/or advisory projects. This intern will have the unique ability to be part of various audit/advisory teams and will assist in the evaluation of processes and controls in order to mitigate risks that could impair our ability to help the people we serve.
The intern will have the unique ability to work on engagements with audit members from each of our US offices and interact with business partners, auditees from various departments/divisions, third party administrators (TPAs) as well as provide direct assistance to our external auditors.
• Timely execution of portions of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan.
• Assist in developing audit scope of review in conjunction with the Auditor-in-Charge.
• Support the creation of risk-based audit programs.
• Perform portions of complex financial and/or operational audits utilizing independent judgment and discretion.
• Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues
• Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
• Verbally communicate findings to Auditor-in-Charge and draft comprehensive and complete documentation of audited area.
• Comfortable working in both an office-based and virtual team-based collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate will
Pursuing Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other related field.
Good writing skills.
Proficiency in problem solving and analytical thinking.
Demonstrate effective time management skills.
Ability to work independently, multi task and deal with changing priorities.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.