US Foods Sanitation Worker SY Birmingham, AL in Birmingham, Alabama
Join Our Community of Food People!
Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of division building and related property.
Sanitation Worker, Birmingham Stock Yards
JOIN OUR SANITATION TEAM
Ready to build a career with a company that’s leading the foodservice industry? We help you make it!
Benefits: Immediate benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, strong safety culture, and much more!
US Foods is one of the largest food distributors with a culture and a history of promoting from within, excellent training programs and continuous improvement focus.
Main Ingredients of the Job
· Sweeps and cleans entire warehouse to maintain required level of cleanliness.
· Empties trash bins and cleans trash area daily; operates trash compactor when applicable.
· Pulls pallets and cleans/scrubs product bays on a rotating basis.
· Cleans up any spills or breakages to inventoried product; recoup damages and determines if resalable or must be disposed of per government and U.S. Foodservice food safety requirements.
· Performs light maintenance duties as assigned (i.e. replacement of light bulbs, collecting recyclable materials, paper and shrink wrap collection pickup, checking freezer and cooler for leaks or ice buildup, etc.)
· Prepares various reports and forms to document cleaning schedule, spillages, product damage, etc. May track and order maintenance supplies.
· May clean other areas of the warehouse and offices, to include break rooms, rest rooms, test kitchens, offices, etc.
· Maintain facility grounds and dumpster areas.
· Operates scrubber, pallet jack and high lift if required to perform duties.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
· Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 80 lbs. frequently while continuously standing or walking.
· Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment 35°F- 50°F.
What You Bring to the Table
· Previous sanitation experience preferred.
· Knowledge of USDA grades and standards as well as food safety.
· Experience in operation of warehouse equipment to include: reach trucks, pallet jacks, sweeper, floor scrubber, bailer, hydraulic trash compactor.
Why US Foods
At US Foods we’re committed to our mission of GREAT FOOD, MADE EASY – providing food products that keep operators ahead of customer demand and services that help them run their operations.
Our production team members prepare the orders that sustain our business, instilling and reinforcing safety above all else. We team up to deliver accurate and quality orders. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and service. Together, we help our customers make it, but we also believe in helping our production team make it. We are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here (https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usfoods.com%2Fabout-us-foods%2Fcoronavirus-covid-19-resources.html&data=02%7C01%7CLisa.Murgas%40usfoods.com%7Cfada00c50c5045879c0808d8097da41d%7C832c6ba93f7845f3b4b0d28c2893ca8a%7C0%7C0%7C637269782506338922&sdata=Vy20BbaKWZN4WMZKw%2Bub4ENEEg%2Bym5ekvSfNQfHEftw%3D&reserved=0) .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USFCCPApolicy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf) .