The LEGO Group Lead Software Engineer in Billund, Denmark
Lead Software Engineer
- Denmark, Billund, South Denmark
Job ID DK11686
- Information Technology
This role gives an exciting opportunity to Digitalize the Engineering and Manufacturing areas of the LEGO group and implements real solutions based on modern software platforms such as Kubernetes as well as Industry 4.0 technologies.
We are looking for a hands-on Lead Developer, passionate learner and creative problem solver to join our Engineering and Manufacturing areas.
You will together with the other Lead Engineer align and help the team succeed together.
• Provide technical leadership across product teams to secure delivery of outstanding technical solutions using coaching and mentoring.
• Technical sparring partner for Software Engineers within several product teams.
• Formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution design in collaboration with the Principal Engineers.
• Support high-level estimating in early phases.
• Support and guide selection process of new Software solutions with product teams.
• Explore new technologies and methods, seeing opportunities for platforms.
• Participating in the development of new prototypes in the product teams.
• Sparring with team leads regarding team/people skillset and opportunities for growth, improvement, and training.
• Active participation and contribution in cross-organizational initiatives, exchange insights, and communities are also encouraged by the lead engineer.
• Forever Learning - Steadfast desire to learn and keep up to date on the newest technologies.
• DevSecOps's mentality: “You build it – you own it” (and run it) with a keen eye on secure code and security by design.
Play your part in our team succeeding
This part of the Digital Technology organization primarily supports the Engineering and Manufacturing areas of the LEGO group with digital solutions. We are looking for two outstanding lead engineers each one responsible for one of the below areas:
The Product Engineering Technology department provides solutions and technology for the engineering areas of the LEGO Group. We support from design to produced elements with areas like Element Design, Mould Design, Mould production, Quality, and Moulding in the factories. This includes Masterdata, Project portfolio, Materials area, and the Sustainable Materials agenda.
The Manufacturing Technology department delivers solutions and technology for all production sites globally within the LEGO Group. We support the manufacturing processes related to processing/decoration of elements, packaging, as well as planning of operations on the shop floor as well as operation of high bay warehouses. A phenomenal deal of focus is on automation and scalability of operations.
In the role as our Lead Engineer, you will work closely with the product teams that are developing solutions for this area. A big part is supporting and building the right architecture across the products but also taking an active role in software development is included.
Do you have what it takes?
• Extensive experience with software development and infrastructure architecture experience in designing and architecting enterprise applications.
• Deep technical expertise within Cloud development, microservices, integrations/API development, CI/CD.
• Understanding Domain Driven Design and loosely coupled components.
• Have demonstrated ability to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible, and relevant software solutions.
• Effective communication skills with ability to get people involved on complex technical decisions.
• Practical experience in Agile development methods and continuous delivery environment.
• Planning and time management skills.
• Being change ready and enjoy a flexible and inspiring environment.
• Being a team player and embrace diversity.
In addition, it would be an advantage if you also have:
• Knowledge about Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing solutions.
• Industry 4.0 knowledge.
• Previous experience working with SAP.
• Knowledge about PLCs and the OT area.
• Experience with container technologies like Docker and/or Kubernetes.
• Experience with AWS or Azure implementations.
• Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.