Billings Clinic RN - Cardiac Surgery (Per Diem ) in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
RN - Cardiac Surgery (Per Diem )
CARDIAC SURGERY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $25.68 - $32.23
This position may be eligible for a sign-on bonus, tuition loan repayment, and relocation
This position will be responsible for applying evidence-based nursing practice to the care of patients. This involves the integration of education and research into the practice through the application of standards and guidelines. Data collection and assessment are used to establish goals and priorities in accordance with patient care, staff needs, and organizational objectives. Nurses are accountable for the quality of care rendered.
Essential Job Functions
• Utilizing a holistic approach incorporates the nursing process into the plan of care for the patient. Plan of care should include biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning.
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates and documents care given to all patients seen in the department. Care is consistent with Billings Clinic values/goals and Billings Clinic organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate corrective action.
• Maintains appropriate theoretical and clinical skills with application and patient relevance of commonly utilized equipment specific to the General Surgery/ CV Surgery Department and other areas as appropriate; pharmacological application; application of laboratory values and radiologic findings with disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care. Evaluates current nursing practices within the General Surgery/ CV Surgery Department to identify opportunities for modification that would enhance professional practice, maintain or improve patient care while remaining fiscally sound.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains proficiency and knowledge within a rapidly changing environment.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, Bachelors degree in nursing is preferred. Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years after their hire date. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance.
• Surgical nursing experience preferred
Certifications and Licenses
• Certification in an area related to general surgery preferred or ability to become certified within two years of employment
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification at hire
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.