Fisher Industries Crusher Laborer in Billings, Montana
Fisher Industries is a family of businesses that encompass all aspects of the aggregate production and heavy civil construction industries. Our unique, vertically-integrated business model allows us to handle small projects, large scale operations, and every tough job in between. Our goal is to provide reliable products and sustainable solutions for innovative global infrastructure. For additional information about our company, visit our website atwww.fisherind.com.
We are presently seeking an experienced Crusher Laborer for our Billings, MT location. Background in operating other heavy equipment, loaders, dozers and excavators helpful. This individual will also be responsible for general laborer duties at the operation. Individual will be performing service work on equipment, grounds keeping and other duties as assigned.
- Assists crew leader/operator with operation of crusher. Must be aware of surroundings, keeping a close watch for any possible problem, and immediately report any problems to crew leader/operator.
- At all times, crusher laborer will work cautiously to promote a safe environment for everyone at or around crusher site.
- Remains alert for hazards involved in crusher operation and observe MSHA and operating rules and regulations.
- Safety, Safety, Safety comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards of safety
- Assist with setup and tear down of plants.
- Perform general maintenance, repair, and service equipment and plant as required or directed by supervisor.
- Use of a shovel to move material will be necessary.
- Perform pre-shift inspections on equipment prior to startup.
- General labor duties at the operation performing service work on equipment, grounds keeping
- Other duties as assigned and assist other craft workers
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to get to and from work is required
- Acceptable MVR in accordance with Fisher's Company Vehicle Program policy is required
- M.S.H.A. certificate part 46 or 48or willingness to obtain certification - company will pay for certification
- Basic knowledge of welding and using a cutting torch
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test
- Ability to complete work tasks under various adverse weather conditions including heat in excess of 100 degrees, cold, rain, and snow
- Ability to operate equipment in adverse weather conditions and on steep and rough terrains is required
- Ability to repeatedly walk up and down steep and rough terrain carrying construction materials
- Punctuality is required
- Must be a team player who is willing and able to learn
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs
- Travel will be required
Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please email@example.com to request an accommodation. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.
Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, PTO, Profit Sharing, 401k, Identity Theft Protection
Job Start/End Date: 26-Jan-2021 to 25-Mar-2021 (MST)
Department: Fisher Sand & Gravel Billings, MT
Location: Billings, MT, USA
Pay Rate: DOE
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time