USACares Jobs

Job Information

Resources for Human Development, Inc. Case Manager II Generalist in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Reference #: LVACTCASM2H11202002Case Manager II Generalist Description/Job SummaryUnder the authority and direction of the Team Leader, the Employment Specialist on the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team assures that all operational procedures and regulations are followed. This team member is responsible for direct services provided in the collaboration with consumers, significant others, and collateral resources and includes assessment and specialized intervention related to the attainment of employment. This team member will assist adults with a diagnosis of a serious and persistent mental illness to gain access to needed resources such as financial, housing, medical, social, vocational, educational, leisure and mental health services. This team member will be, when designated, the primary for individuals served by the team and collaborate with the individual and team members to address the service delivery system for the individual and will monitor both the individual's functioning and the delivery of services to the individual in order to maintain the individual's stability in the community. Insuring quality of life as a means of reducing stressors and thereby reducing the exacerbation of illness and hospital recidivism are the primary goals of the collaborative relationship between the individual and team members. It is expected that 70% of this team member's time will be spent in actual contacts with the consumer or others on the consumer's behalf. Paperwork requirements and staff meetings should require the remaining 30% of time. Responsibilities/DutiesSupport and promote the mission statement and values of the Lehigh Valley Assertive Community Team program.Identify and respond to the needs of the consumers in achieving efficient responses to requests and to eliminate barriers limiting productivity in day-to-day activities.Engage individuals in a trusting and supportive relationship, providing emotional support within professional boundaries.Collaborate with individuals and others in the completion and review of strength based assessment.Design and update the Recovery Plan with the individual based upon the specific needs of the individual, with the aim of maximizing physical, emotional and mental health.Assist the individual to reach the goals identified in the Recovery Plan. The following activities are considered essential in helping the individual to achieve goals:linkage with service monitoring of service deliveryeducation regarding and/or facilitating the use of community resourcesmaximizing the use/availability of an informal support systemproblem resolutionassessment of servicesgaining access to servicesProvide emergency on-call coverage in rotation with other team members as needed. This may involve both phone work and in-person contact over a 24 hour period.Maintain required records accurately, comprehensively and in a timely manner. Keeps required consumer data up to date and submits paperwork as per program policy.Develop and maintains an efficient, appropriate and comprehensive record and scheduling system.Participate fully as a member of the team in staffing and other meetings, offering relevant input and feedback and accepting such from other team members.Cooperate with, participates in and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures and practices, and compliance with all regulatory requirements.Communicate with the Team Leader, Program Director and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate activities.Work in a collaborative and collegial manner with other staff both intra- and inter-agency in assisting both the program's clients and the program to meet identified goals.Insure the confidentiality of all client and/or employee-related information.Maintain one's own physical, mental and emotional well-being so that the ACT Team Employment Specialist can function appropriately in the job and can model healthy functioning to consumers Required Experience Three years of

DirectEmployers