Actalent Cytotechnologist in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
• Screens and signs out all negative cytology specimens according to standard operating procedure.
• Completes ThinPrep Pap tests, BD Surepath, urobysion fish test, HER2 tests, and conventional slide work for malignant cells
• Performs testing and other tasks using sound judgement and evaluation; maintains appropriate turn-around-times.
• Performs all instrument maintenance and documents appropriately.
• Shares responsibility for the integrity of the LIS with the supervisor, lab manager and systems analyst.
• Knowledgeable of the computer downtime procedures and participates when they are implemented.
• Assists at the collection of fine needle aspirates.
• Maintains acceptable turnaround time for all case types.
• Prepares reagents as needed.
• Assists in problem resolution.
• Maintains inventory to include sufficient volume and viable expiration dates.
• Integrates consult and reference lab reports in Orchard LIS.
• Participates in peer educational program in gyn and non-gyn cytology.
• Operates prep instruments and cover slipper in order to prep specimens when necessary.
• Knowledge of maintenance and quality control procedures for SurePath processor, centrifuge and Leica cover slipper.
• Knowledge of the registration process (Orchard) in order to access cases and prints worksheets and labels when necessary.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 5+ years experience preferred, 2 years required.
• CT (ASCP) required. SCT (ASCP) preferred.
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.