Newell Brands Senior Sales Manager - Baby in Bentonville, Arkansas
Position Title: Sr. Sales Manager, Walmart/Sam’s Club
Location: Bentonville, AR-Baby Division
Reports To: VP Sales North America, Baby
This position will report directly to the VP of Sales for the Baby Division. Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, the Sr. Sales Manager will execute specific and effective strategies to facilitate profitable growth at Walmart and Sam’s Club.
The key responsibilities are to develop and implement an Omni Channel strategy to increase distribution, sales, and profit. Be accountable for preservation of existing business and creation of new business opportunities. Maintain and develop customer relationships by demonstrating credibility, developing trust and partnering to develop strong JBP’s and sales service. Leadership and development of a team of account managers to accomplish previously stated.
Lead team of account managers and other sales personnel to develop specific account strategies, operating plans, line reviews and Joint Business Plans and lead their execution.
• Strategic development of account product placement and promotional national programs
• Demand planning coordination with customer and internal teams
• Transition planning of new programs and new SKUs
• Manage all financials of account including margin, rebates, markdowns, etc.
• Work cross functionally with sales planning, marketing and finance teams developing programs to ensure profitable, long-term growth
• Develop strong customer relationships to enable both customer and Newell growth
• Strategic management of trade spend in partnership with trade channel team to generate profitable sales growth
• Must be open to travel approximately 25- 40%
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
• 10+ years’ experience working with National Accounts within consumer retail industry
• Ability to develop and manage budgets and programs
• Strong negotiation and persuasive selling skills
• Seasoned in working in a matrixed organization to align and optimize resources
• Superior communication, presentation and people skills
• Strong conflict management/composure skills
• Excellent time management, and people management.
• Knowledge of accounts, market characteristics, competitive environment, growth opportunities, etc.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.