Cargill Senior Project Manager in Bengaluru, India
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Project Manager will be part of Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) COE team which governs, promotes and maintains the Portfolio and Project Management processes, data, and technology. The COE leads the use and support of the Cargill PPM tool throughout Cargill including supporting the Cargill Portfolio and Project Management Community of Practice.
• Facilitate the portfolio management process to keep it sustainable including identifying where facilitated workshops could bring the most value, training facilitators and monitoring effectiveness.
• Provide insight and suggestions on how to assure and improve effective execution of our processes (for example, issues like gate reviews).
• Work with Talent & Performance to build project management capabilities in Cargill.
• Provide insight and support of Cargill’s PPM Technology design to maintain a technology design that is in alignment with a common Portfolio and Project Management process for Cargill and minimize tailoring the solution for each Group/Business
• Be a leader in PPM continuous improvement efforts and update of all content (portfolio management, project delivery process, project management) that is common across the project type templates
• Support the deployment Cargill’s PPM Technology solution throughout Cargill
• In coordination with Global IT and Template owners, deploy and support a management of change process, with approval matrix, for any changes needing made on Cargill’s PPM Technology design
• External Benchmarking Across the spectrum of our PPM processes, what can we learn from the industry.
• Provide support for the analytics of Cargill’s project investment portfolio. Data metrics and analysis across the spectrum of projects, what metrics should be used to measure the ‘right balance’ for our portfolio? How do we measure the effectiveness of our PPM system (system metrics vs. individual project metrics).
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
8+ years of experience in business / industry
Experience leading and managing projects with change management elements
Strong proficiency and solid hands-on project and program management experience, including portfolio and project management process knowledge.
Strong independent problem solving and analytical skills, including working knowledge of financial concepts and financial terminology
Demonstrated strategic thinking skills to prioritize work in alignment with project objectives or goals, recognizes linkages and understands impact of individual actions on other parts of the organization
Demonstrated ability to manage through constructive conflict to deliver positive outcomes. Comfort with asking challenging and difficult questions to business and functional leaders.
Demonstrated service orientation to monitor others' work to ensure quality and alignment in meeting organizational needs
Experience leading change by questioning the status quo and identifying specific opportunities to improve internal controls
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.