Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer 2 in Bellevue, Washington
Are you interested in being part of an exciting open-source library for deep learning systems? Do you want to help scale large AI models to limits on massive supercomputers? The DeepSpeed team is hiring!
DeepSpeed (http://deepspeed.ai) is an open-source library built on the PyTorch ecosystem that combines numerous research advancements to make deep learning efficient and easier to use. DeepSpeed can parallelize across thousands of GPUs and train models with trillions of parameters. DeepSpeed is used across industry and academia and powered the training of the Turing-NLG 17B language model, which at the time of release was the largest language model in existence. The DeepSpeed team is also part of the larger Microsoft AI at Scale initiative, which is pioneering the next-generation AI capabilities that are scaled across the company’s products and AI platforms.
The DeepSpeed team is looking for a software engineer with passion for developing high-quality software that will make significant impact inside and outside of Microsoft. Our team is highly collaborative, creative, and end-user obsessed. We are looking for a software engineer with a background in open-source development to help drive DeepSpeed’s continuous development, testing, and adoption needs. We value creativity, agility, accountability, and a desire to learn new technologies.
· Develop and maintain a cutting-edge open-source project to enable massive-scale deep learning
· Advance continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD), automated testing, and debugging systems at the challenging intersection of deep learning and distributed systems
· Assist with preparing cutting-edge research prototypes for production deployment
· Write concise, robust, and clean code
· Discover ways to accelerate development velocity for the entire team
· Be passionate about making customers successful
· 4+ years of object-oriented software development experience
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
· Experience developing and maintaining continuous integration/delivery systems
· Experience with Linux, Docker, and Git
· Passionate about delivering high-quality software
· Self-motivated and a great collaborator
· History of open source contributions and working with open source communities
· Experience with an existing machine-learning framework (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow)
· Experience with distributed systems and C++/CUDA/Python
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.