Hannaford Part-time Kitchen Associate - Hannaford in Bedford, New Hampshire
Part-time Kitchen Associate - Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status
7 Kilton Road
Job Title: Part-time Kitchen Associate
AFTERNOON/ EVENING AVAILABILITY UNTIL 8 P.M.
Provide fast, easy, flexible and friendly service to our customers while receiving and preparing customer orders in an accurate and efficient manner. Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained. Build customer relations and provide enthusiastic customer awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet and assist customers with selecting products.
• Slice, cut, prepare, weigh and package products according to established standards and quality goals.
• Follow complex recipes to prepare customer orders per standards and special requests.
• Preparing multiple orders simultaneously while maintaining customer service and quality standards.
• Adhere to highest product quality standards to support our department strategy.
• Observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices.
• Develop product knowledge in various areas of the department.
• Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company policy.
• Assist in training other associates and perform other functions as assigned.
• Performs all duties as assigned.
• Deli, restaurant or food service experience helpful but not required.
• Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
• Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Must meet minimum age requirements.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
• Stand and walk 100% of the time.
• Lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
• Reach to shoulder lifting 20 lbs. frequently and overhead occasionally.
• Push/pull 3-15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
• Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting items at or above waist level.
• Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
• Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use various tools to open and prepare products.
• Handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.