Sage Business Analyst in Beaverton, Oregon
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us email@example.com assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Sage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity in The Law poster:http://1sa.ge/EjaS30kzhpR
The Business Analyst is responsible for engaging with colleagues across Sage to discover, capture, analyze and document project requirements. The Business Analyst will work closely with cross-functional teams including IT and the wider business to ensure that the requirements are clear, agreed upon, support the organization’s strategic goals, and have clear desired outcomes the team can execute towards.
A passion for innovation and design thinking is a critical foundation for solving complex problems and designing creative solutions to meet customer needs and exceed their expectations. This role is vital in supporting the delivery of outstanding end-to-end experiences to both internal and external customers, and maintaining focus on delivering engaging, exciting solutions.
The business analyst acts as a bridge between teams, building partnerships across the organization to facilitate comprehensive discovery and requirements elicitation which are key to success.
• Work closely with colleagues to understand and support Sage’s strategy and objectives
• Drive continuous improvement through experimentation, and consistent forward-focused efforts
• Ensure that problem definition and requirement documentation provide the clarity required for IT and business process solution design
• Shape and influence the product, service or enterprise systems and ensure that deliverables meet desired outcome with high quality
• Identify risks and issues and take and/or recommend appropriate mitigation
• Transform complex business scenarios into practical solutions that are easy to learn and efficient to use, meeting the exact needs of the user with simplicity and elegance
• Support team in delivering innovative, great-looking, and uniquely ‘Sage’ experiences that users love
• Design for end-to-end user journeys, understanding downstream impacts and external factors
• Understand interdependencies of various projects in flight, assist the team with logical prioritization based on this understanding
• Perform competitor analysis, understand business rules, legislation, constraints, compliance and best practices
• Validate proposed solutions using good judgment to determine whether to persevere or try other approaches
• Own personal development and seek out opportunities to further knowledge and increase skillset
• Minimum 5+ years of business analyst experience in the technology sector (IT, ERP, Engineering, R&D, etc.)
• Strong preference for enterprise applications, CRM, ERP, etc…
• Strong understanding of project governance, software development and testing life cycles
• Strong working knowledge of industry-standard tools and techniques
• Strong knowledge of design thinking, gaining experience in design with rationale and design critique
• Active contributor to the development of innovative practices within the team
• Demonstrate strong communication, presentation, negotiation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Shares knowledge, skills, and inspires team members
• Influences seniors and thought leaders – is confident with constructive challenge
• Talent for creating visual representations of solutions
• Designs for constraint, and plans for iterative or phased delivery, and scalable solutions
• Able to guide the team towards a deeper understanding of what they are solving for, and considers cross-team impacts
• Required – Bachelor’s degree (computer science, business administration, communications) or equivalent
• Preferred CABP or PMI-PBA certification
Do you love where you work? WE do!
Who is Sage?https://www.sage.com/en-us/company/careers/who-we-are/
How we make a difference:https://www.sage.com/en-us/company/sage-foundation/
Champion of Business Builders:https://www.sage.com/en-us/products/
Life at Sage:https://www.sage.com/en-us/company/careers/life-at-sage/
See our offices:https://youtu.be/cp4BIX0iXAA
Our comprehensive total rewards program includes:
• Extended health, dental and vision coverage
• On-going training and professional development
• 21 days paid time off from the start
• Paid 5 days to volunteer through our Sage Foundation
• Matching Retirement contributions
• And, so much more…