State of Minnesota Parks and Trails Associate in Bear Head Lake State Park, Minnesota
This posting will be used to fill two (2) seasonal part-time (90%), positions at Bear Head Lake State Park, located in Ely, Minnesota. Days of work will vary, with shifts from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Anticipated season dates are May 19th through September 21st for one position, and May 19th through September 7th for the second position, each year.
These positions exist to sell state park vehicle permits, register campers, rent boats and canoes, sell firewood and ice, and give out information and assistance to the public. These positions also perform daily and seasonal maintenance, custodial duties, and provide night security at Bear Head Lake State Park.
- Sell Park vehicle permits, merchandise and consumables, register campers, rent buildings, and collect fees.
- Organize reservations, assist in compiling weekly income reports, document visitor use, and provide miscellaneous clerical support.
- Provide information to the public giving verbal directions and hand out information on Bear Head Lake State Parks rules, facilities and activities available in the park and surrounding area.
- Provide communication with park personnel and keep supervisors informed.
- Clean buildings, grounds, and facilities as directed.
- Perform night security duties such as: patrol the park (on foot & vehicle), handle complaints, maintain written records of enforcement actions, and ensure camping unit rules are adhered to.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public and other employees.
- Ability to provide written information and instructions to the public and other park employees.
- Arithmetic skills sufficient to accurately collect money from the public for various fees.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions on labels, in instruction manuals, etc.
- Ability to operate a phone, two way radio, computer and other office equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work alone at night, in remote areas.
- Experience operating a cash register.
- Security experience.
- Knowledge of Minnesota State park rules, policies and facilities.
- Record keeping skills.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office and other proprietary software.
- Experience in retail operations.
Requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
This position requires an unrestricted Class D Driver’s License with a clear driving record
It is our policy that all candidates submit to a background check prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- Employment Reference Check
- SEMA4 Records Check
- Criminal History Check
- Education/license verification
Why Work For Us
The Department of Natural Resources is proud to operate within a Culture of Respect that provides a healthy, safe, and productive work environment for all employees. This means that our employees are supportive of a diverse workplace, are respectful to one another and to our customers. We believe that promoting a Culture of Respect allows our employees to do their best work in support of the agency’s mission.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page and submit an application/resume that clearly describes how you meet the qualifications listed above. If you have questions about applying online, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go tohttp://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please submit your certificate to Erin Tappan email@example.com_ or fax to 651/296-6494 by the job posting close date._
If you have questions about the position, contact Jody Popesh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-235-2524.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) encourages participation in all its programs, services and activities and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities. Anyone who believes they may need a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate in the job application, interview or selection processes may contact any agency official with whom applicant has contact in the processing of their employment application to request an accommodation. Applicants may also contact the DNR’s Affirmative Action office to request an accommodation by: E-mail:ADA.DNR@state.mn.us or by calling Jill Westberry, Tital 1 ADA Coordinator at 651-259-5326; or using MN Relay 711.
Job Title: Parks and Trails Associate
Location: _Bear Head Lake State Park
Job ID: 43778
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 02/11/2021
Closing Date: 03/04/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Natural Resources Dept / Natural Resources-AFSCME
Hiring Agency: Natural Resources Dept / Natural Resources-AFSCME
Division/Unit: DNR Parks & Trails Reg 2 / Bear Head Lake State Park
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Hours: Rotating Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Rotating Shift
Days of Work: Varies
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $16.69 - $22.24/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 203 - Service/AFSCME
Work Area: Ely, MN
Job Class: Parks and Trails Associate