Northern Light Health Registered Nurse I- Psych Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus Available for Eligible Candidates in Bangor, Maine
Northern Light Acadia Hospital
Department: Psychiatric Unit
Position is located: US: ME: Bangor
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 7:00 PM TO 7:30 AM
Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus Available for Eligible Candidates
AMAZING Loan Reimbursement Program!
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse is a Registered Nurse with limited experience with the psychiatric adult patient. A nurse practicing at this level is learning to apply new psychiatric nursing knowledge and skills to patient care situations. The nurse draws on learned facts and rules to organize care and guide practice. With increased experience, the Psychiatric Registered Nurse is increasingly able to modify interventions to meet the individual needs of patients and have a basic understanding of reflective practice. The Psychiatric Registered Nurse performs any duties and/or responsibilities assigned by Manger or Supervisor.
Please click on the link below for more information about Northern Light Acadia Hospital:
• Always Maintains patient confidentiality
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community
• Maintains regulatory requirements including: Joint Commission, Federal and State
• Complies with all organizational policies regarding Northern Light Health's Code of Conduct and ethical business practices
• Practices according to the American Nurses Association's Code for Nurses and Standards of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
• Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse currently licensed in Maine or eligible to obtain
• Must have current BLS certification
• Completes I-Care Mandatory Education on a yearly basis
• Attends all mandatory safety related education programs
• Follows safety procedures to prevent injury to self and others
• Always Carries assigned keys and wears ID badge
• Refrains from the abuse of chemicals
• Visual acuity, color vision, hearing acuity, and tactile sensation are necessary to respond to patient response and requests
• The ability to read and speak English, to communicate and document information
• Must possess the manual dexterity and the degree of body strength and flexibility to respond to aggressive patient behavior
• The ability to reach and stretch intermittently
• Time may be spent sitting at a computer, collaborating with other healthcare team members
• Standing and walking comprises come of the work day.
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Position Registered Nurse I- Psych Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus Available for Eligible Candidates
Req ID 532