Northern Light Health Psychiatric Clinician II/LCSW in Bangor, Maine
Northern Light Acadia Hospital
Department: Adult Therapy Clinic
Position is located: Acadia
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Acadia
Conducts psychiatric and psychosocial evaluations and plans/implements evidence-based therapeutic treatment in the form of individual, group and family therapy within assigned program setting to reduce psychiatric symptoms and improve functional capacity among patients.
• Completes comprehensive, diagnostic evaluations by collecting data which enables the identification of potential therapeutic targets for active treatment.
• Develops initial master treatment plan and updates in collaboration with the patient and within established timeframes that identify effective interventions to achieve outcomes, and accommodate the patient’s developmental level, motivation, health/spiritual beliefs, functional capabilities and strengths.
• Implements individual, group and family therapy interventions that are evidence-based and are consistent with service plan and developmental level and needs of patient to elicit therapeutic change.
• Modifies interventions based on continual assessment of the patient’s response to treatment.
• Articulates anticipated treatment outcomes that are patient oriented, evidence based, therapeutically sound, realistic, attainable and measurable.
• Completes documentation that reflects evidence-based practices, active patient involvement in care, attention to objective outcomes and identification of any barriers to treatment progress.
• Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures, reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
• Continually seeks to develop professionally by providing didactic clinician and interdisciplinary trainings within identified specialty areas.
Competencies and skills:
2+ years of relative work experience required.
Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
- Licensed Clinical Social Wkr
- Master's Degree
Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric hospital in Bangor, Maine that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments and primary care practices. Northern Light Acadia Hospital offers innovative programming in the form of a behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, and a geriatric mood and memory clinic, which is involved in multiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer's medications. The hospital is the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare that provides a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services in Penobscot, Waldo, and Knox counties. Northern Light Acadia Healthcare is the sole member of Restorative Health, LLC that operates an outpatient mental health clinic in Bangor. Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Position Psychiatric Clinician II/LCSW
Req ID 2451