Cisco Technical Lead- Java, Networking, Microservices in Bangalore, India
Who we are:
Cisco is redefining the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are reinventing the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights.
What You'll Do
- Build high performant, highly scalable, complex end to end
- Develop simple solutions to address sophisticated problems.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base.
- Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
- Ability to share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and software and hardware engineers.
Who You'll Work With:
- Work closely with development, test and with various cross technology teams to craft development strategies and plans followed by crafting & writing code reflecting the requirements and functionality of the product.
- Work with other functions such as Architects, Product owners/customers, Quality Engineering to help prioritize, define, and implement features with the right quality.
What You'll Do:
- 11+ Years Proven experience in Java/J2EE, Micro Services, Docker, SPRING, HIBERNATE, Cloud Technologies
- Experience in or passion for high scale and distributed systems
- Strong understanding of Microservices, Docker, OOAD & Design patterns, SOA architectures and horizontal scalability tenants
- Independently come up with ideas, and solutions to improve the product & solution offering. Drive products with innovative ideas towards new technologies that improve product definition towards the next generation architecture.
- Work collaboratively with Product management, Architect, Development, and test teams to define and improve product features, and roadmap.
- Should understand and analyze issues from a system view.
Who You Are:
- Ability to work with limited supervision in defining initial goals, prioritizing parallel projects, and addressing complex issues as they arise
- Ability to support successfully with multi-functional teams to influence design decisions.
- Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
- Familiarity with running large scale web services; understanding of systems internals and networking are a plus
- Experience in developing large enterprise grade software and delivering high quality products/releases on time
- Analyze performance characteristics to identify bottlenecks, failure points, and security holes in large scale systems. Passionate about performance and scalability
- Self-Starter with flexibility to learn new technologies quickly
- The ability to take convert raw requirements into good design while exploring technical feasibility trade-off’s
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.