Fortive Corporation Software Design Engineer in Bangalore, India
The R&D center in India works on development of System solutions and critical applications across technologies including Server storage, Display, Data communication, RF, Power among others. This exciting opportunity will allow you to join a team of innovative engineers and drive development of measurement solutions.
• Design and Develop applications for Tektronix next Generation technologies
• Implement and troubleshoot measurement system solutions and applications.
• Come up with innovative solutions/propose enhancements for solving customer problems.
• Contribute to technical documentation required in the software development process- including Software requirements specifications, software design descriptions, verification and validation plans.
• Provide reliable estimates taking into consideration the technical risks, generate alternatives / recommendations to remove risk.
• Interact effectively with representatives of the customers and cross-functional domain experts to refine software system requirements and develop product/process definition.
• 3-10 years of professional experience in software development mainly in C# (including debugging and problem-solving skills); Alternatively - Strong programming work experience in C/C++ with exposure to C#.
• Experience with Microsoft technologies: Visual Studio, .Net, C#, C++ for a Windows target Software design and development experience
• Knowledgeable in Engineering tools & techniques: Version control, Defect tracking, Requirements Definition and Agile product development models
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Exposure to test and measurement products and usage of digital signal processing techniques are desirable.
• Understanding of multithreading, memory management, object-oriented programming, and real time operating is desirable.
• Understanding of technologies like server storage, High Speed Serial data communication is desirable.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Python is desirable.
• Credit for patents, trade secrets, and/or disclosures and/or articles/papers published in trade/technical journals will be an added advantage.
• Graduate/Postgraduate in Electronics & Communication or Electrical & Electronics engineering.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution. Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Tektronix is part of the Fortive Corporation which has more than $6 billion in annual revenues and holds well-known brands in leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Tek is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what’s possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix – join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.