Cisco Consulting Engineer - RP/IOS-XR in Bangalore, India
What you’ll do
You'll be required to perform the duties of Network Consulting Engineer which include but not limited to below: * Lead Software Lifecycle for the Customer Network, provide recommendations, co-ordinate with customer to ensure adoption * Deliver actionable insights to customer by analysing various syslog messages, reactive cases and other sources daily. Recommend, remediate, track the progress aggressively and help the customer to prevent issues * Delivers migration plans, with a detailed understanding of network, customers change management processes, migration processes and related dependencies. * Work closely with the project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings and drive technical leadership and solutions & work discussions with the customers. * Mentor, coach and guide other consultants and engineers on the project to enable them for delivery. * Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve complex problems and compatibility issues. * Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer work. * Supports pre-sales activities.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of outstanding technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in Core Networking technologies alone.
- Deep technical exposure on routing and switching technology, Should have experienced level understanding and working experience on Cisco IOS, IOS-XE,NX-OS and IOS-XR.
- Should have deep exposure on cisco products i.e. ASR9K, ISR, Catalyst switches, Nexus Platform. Engage the customer to understand there requirement, and help customer fix the problem.
- Should have in-depth working knowledge of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, MPLS,ISIS, MP-BGP, L2/L3 VPN, M-VPN, Traffic Engineering etc..
- Should have ability to own and solve problems of customer network, also able to work as point of contact and help HTTS/TAC to fix high priority issue.
- Certified Expertise in Routing/Switching, Service Provider or Datacenter (CCIE or equivalent).
- Working exposure in Service Provider Environment
- Hardworking, persuasive, charismatic leader with vision capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- An ambitious individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.