EY Consultant - Tech Consulting - National - Technology Solution Delivery - Bangalore in Bangalore, India
Consultant - Tech Consulting - National - Technology Solution Delivery - Bangalore
Requisition # BAN009NB
Post Date Jan 21, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Manager/ Senior Consultant – Plant Controls Integration IoT Specialist
EY is looking for Manager/ Senior Consultant – Plant Controls Integration IoT Specialist
Your key responsibilities
• To guide customer and technical teams on the options and design features suitable for the "field connectivity" layer of industrial IoT implementations
• Conduct structured assessments of Factories (and warehouse / field) to design connectivity solutions to pick up data from control systems / controllers/ sensors /gauges / readers for typical IoT applications around tracking and monitoring
• Technically evaluate 3rd party hardware and software solutions to develop an ecosystem of vendors and partners to work with.
• Implement cutting edge IoT connectivity solutions after evaluation of specific customer scenarios.
Skills and attributes for success
• Hands-on familiarity working with Process control protocols - ProfiNet, ProfiBus, EtherNet, EtherCat, Modbus or similar, and IoT protocols including some of MQTT, CoAP, AMQP, SOAP, WebSocket, Node.
• Experienced with OPC communications with standard 3rd party toolsets including OPC servers from Kepware, Matricon, Telit or similar
• Experienced with data extraction from standard CNC and PLC controllers, Historians, DCS and SCADA systems
• Technical Presales/consulting experience and full lifecycle project implementation experience are both needed.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A relevant graduate or post graduate degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience around plant automation and controls instrumentation, including gauges, and readers. Familiarity with as many 3rd party products from major industrial automation vendors such as Siemens, Rockwell Automation, Honeywell, Delta, Mitsubishi, Beckhoff, Fanuc, etc. will be a major bonus
• Minimum 2 years of programming and configuring edge devices such as IoT bridges / gateways to push data to the Cloud. Familiarity with standard hardware configurations from Intel, Dell, Advantech, etc. along with programming on Raspberry Pi / Arduino.
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.