Cisco Cloud Monitoring Engineer in Bangalore, India
Who we are:
Cisco is transforming the network with our new product, The Network. Intuitive. What’s that mean? Envision a network that can learn, adapt, detect threats before they happen and protect, just like the human brain. It works this way, because the unrivaled human brains at Cisco innovated to make it happen! No other company has this technology because Cisco employees invented this technology.
We’re also dedicated to hiring a diverse group of people. Thus, we want to tell you up front that at first glance, we don’t want to know anything about you outside of your skillset - you’re you, it doesn't matter.
What does matter is your passion for technology. Can you code and demonstrate your engineering knowledge? When you apply for this job, we will send you a link to enable you to show us your coding skills. We’ll engage with the best and you’ll be you, with us. #WeAreCisco.
Who You’ll work with
In the Cisco Customer Journey Solutions R&D group, we are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to both customers and employees. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for hardworking, smart, and motivated java developers to join our Client Experiences team.
Product Managers who will help you know our customers and partners, so you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants. * Engineering Managers who will enable you to focus on doing what you enjoy: delivering outstanding software; they will also be your coach and guide on this exciting stage of your career journey. * Technical Architects who will play a hands-on role in helping you design, develop, and operate with the standard methodologies, patterns the industry has to offer.
What You’ll Do
Cisco's Customer Journey team is on a mission to improve the world’s experiences. You’ll work with technologies and platforms spanning Cloud, Premise, Analytics, Integration, Connectivity, Messaging and more - all to help the world’s leading global brands better engage and serve their customers.
As an engineer, you will:
- Work in 24/7 rotational shifts
- Configure, maintain and support production monitoring tools
- Ensure that SLAs are tracked and reported
- Monitor internal and customer facing tools and reports
- Develop solutions that improve root cause analysis effectiveness
- Provide technical expertise to support interpretation of data collected by monitoring solutions
- Coordinating with internal teams
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, fixing and identifying solutions to resolve basic configuration issues
- Regular Reporting on Open/In Progress/Resolved Tickets to Next Level Managers and the Clients with Definite dates
Who You Are
You will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a "take-charge" / "can-do" attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. You be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones.
- Experience of 2+ Years in Below Skills:
- Experience in monitoring different tools Nagios, AWS CloudWatch, SolarWinds(Pingdom) and Grafana
- Ability to handle various tasks and priorities in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate effective initiative, interpersonal and analytical skills, attention to details, judgment and follow through
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with technical, business, and management staff
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Cisco Location Services (MSE/CMX) is a plus
- Prior customer support experience preferred
- Willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable
- Experience with incident management logging/tracking systems.
- Basic Scripting knowledge
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.