Mouser Electronics Inc. Application Administrator II - WCS in BANGALORE, India
Application Administrator II - WCS
Apply Now (https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf03/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MOUSER&cws=40&rid=9862)
Title: Application Administrator II - WCS
The Application Administrator for the Warehouse Control System will perform development and support for Mouser’s mission critical enterprise application. The incumbent must be able to coordinate and implement new technologies and complex server hardware and software configurations. Perform detailed administration, monitoring, and project work as assigned. The incumbent performs complex troubleshooting of hardware, software and services. Possess the ability to immediately identify business critical issues, coordinate effectively with internal customers and escalate for advanced support in a timely manner. Provides training for other administrators, helpdesk and Level 1 support teams. Communicates with supervisors, managers, customers and external vendors effectively and in a concise manner.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Technical concepts, procedures and standards
• Conduct extensive research and provide detailed analysis of new and re-architected business technology solutions. Help set standards for security and maintenance of systems and systems related processes. Provides well defined and documented business technology solutions.
• Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving. Understands the architecture and data flow of various interconnected systems. Finds solutions that improve both the business and technical users experience and productivity. Intuitively proposes continuous improvement solutions in all aspects of the business. Lead disaster recovery architecting, planning, implementation, and testing. Available for providing after-hours/weekend/holiday production support when called upon. Provides support on a 24-hour basis by participating in the on-call rotation. Is expected to perform this with minimal (less than 10%) to no assistance from others. Coordinates and communicates effectively throughout the expected duration. Quickly escalates issues with vendors and management to reduce impact.
Business Acumen and Analysis
• An excellent understanding of Mouser’s applications and systems architecture along with the use of business technology within each department and its impact to the business. Always aware of Mouser’s key and strategic business initiatives and understands the need to provide our customers and suppliers the highest level of service. A thorough understanding of business hierarchy, department roles, and the use of computer systems across business units. Ability to provide impact analysis to various interconnected systems.
Establish and Meet Deliverables
• Consistently uses organization and planning to coordinate and implement projects with least impact and disruptions to the business while meeting timelines and deliverables. Should independently possess the ability to coordinate project statuses, escalate issues and concerns in a timely manner. Establish good time management skills to successfully meet SLAs and project deliverables. Required to work with both team members and business units to ensure deliverables are established.
Technical Design and Architecture
• Provide technical analysis and innovative ideas for the design and architecture of scalable and reliable business solutions. Possess extensive knowledge of network, hardware, scripting, operating systems, and application software. Excellent technical intuitive capabilities and understands how to integrate other systems, applications and hardware to provide technology rich stable solutions.
Multitasking & Prioritizing
• With minimum guidance will work and manage multiple assignments and will effectively prioritize work based on deliverables.
• Possess good verbal, interpersonal and written technical and nontechnical communication skills. Proactively uses good business judgment and communications to keep IS management and business liaisons informed regarding status, risks, obstacles, and other related information.
• Fosters a positive attitude, good team environment. Possess good mentoring skills, manages “up” and takes initiative where and when necessary. Conducts one’s self with professionalism and effectively communicates with all level of staff including company executives. Communicates ideas and proactively seeking solutions to overcome business and IS obstacles. Good planning and organizational skills. Possess a non-silo type attitude and works well with all teams within IS and the Business. Functions as a general engineer and helps develop better IT solutions for the future of the business. Required to communicate and work directly with business executives, stake holders and project teams
Software development and programming
• Will develop and maintain software using programming concepts and software development processes
• Will conduct research, analysis and document/review technical designs and specifications
• Will work conforming to agreed procedures and standards, contribute to reviewing those standards when requested
• Will create software in accordance with agreed technical and functional design specifications
• Will have a strong understanding of the core concepts of software design and architecture
• Will have the desire and aptitude to grow and learn new skills in the field of software development and design
• Will easily define and document flow-chart logic and data-flow diagrams
• Will suggest changes and improvements where necessary to aid growth and scalability
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
• Expert level knowledge of several past, current and future key technologies
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to coordinate or lead to resolve issues immediately ensuring least impact to business functions
• Good planning and organization skills, along with technical writing skills for developing and maintaining all relevant documentation.
• Initiate research and coordinate with vendors to understand new technologies and solutions for better, faster and easier architecture. Recommending new hardware and software technologies in support of business application requirements
• Good performance monitoring skills, including providing management with various reports showing systems and application KPI’s
• Maintain knowledge of common physical and virtual server hardware and software environments and trends.
• Able to plan, architect, implement and lead complex hardware and software improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
• Manage package and library upgrades (non-OS) as per business requirement
• Possess strong customer service and team skills
• DevOPs, Kubernetes, process automation
• Configuration Management, Source Code Control Administration.
• Lission with other Admin Teams
• Ability to provide level 3 support
• Participate in all phases of the system development life cycle as it relates to system additions and modifications; this includes design, testing, modifying new systems, and assisting with enterprise deployments.
• Creation of formal documentation and diagrams for systems administration, operations, and maintenance.
• Assist with the management of the systems' trouble ticketing queue, perform trouble ticket resolution or escalation in a timely fashion while meeting requires response times.
• Work with managers and leads to define business problems and configure software systems solutions.
• Participate in cross-functional teams to implement improved business solutions/business processes based on strategic plans.
• Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
• Maintain knowledge of common business applications, environments and trends.
• Leads projects and project teams to drive for timely, quality implementation of customer centric solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Required 2+ years of relevant experience
• 4-6 years of experience working with Unix Operating System, software and applications
• 2-4 years experience in DevOPs and process automation
• 2-4 years experience developing software using C
• 2-4 years experience developing software using Python and shell script
• 2-4 years experience using Jenkins, containers, Ansible, Git, Jira, and other DevOPs tools.
• 2-4 years expeirence using SCRUM and Agile software development methodologies.
• 2-4 years experience using continuous integration
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at any time at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Mouser Electronics endeavors to make its Career page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at (817) 804-8050 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to apply for positions or to inquire about the status of applications.
Mouser is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click HERE (https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/eeo-policy-statement.pdf) . If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click HERE (https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/eeo-poster.pdf) .