Dematic Mechanical Design Engineer in Banbury, United Kingdom
We are Dematic, one of the world’s largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It’s our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region.
• Interpret project layout and specification into final design layout and
conveyor data list, under the guidance of the lead engineer.
• Generate unit cycle times, system throughput, and general dimensional
• Provide system integration drawings and specifications.
• Give advance notice of materials required to Purchase Department.
• Create detailed drawings and parts lists for equipment within scope of
• Specify details of any additional special conveyor elements or associated
• Create an installation file to pass on information to the site supervisor and
• Assist with system risk assessment (and unit risk assessment where
necessary) in line with statutory requirements.
• Assist the documentation department to create Operating and Maintenance
Instructions and spare parts lists as required.
• Liaise with systems sales and project engineers during project phase.
• Liaise with contract managers, customer and sub-contractors during order
• Liaise with production planning and purchase departments.
• Liaise with and provide technical information to any department so entitled,
i.e. controls, software, projects, service, spares.
• Maintain and use wherever possible, standard product information for the
execution of orders.
• Where necessary to develop special and new standard products to suit specific
projects and new markets.
• Comply with the company policy as defined in the Staff Handbook, Safety
Manual, and Quality Assurance Manual.
Certified technician, HNC/HND or equivalent in Mechanical
Graduate with degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline or relevant work experience
Previous experience in materials handling industry
Solid experience in a similar role which you can describe clearly at interview
Previous use of CAD tools
Requisition ID: 2020-13907
Job Time: Full-Time
Experience Level: Mid Level
Travel %: 30
Shift Schedule Display: Standard
External Company URL: http://www.dematic.com
Street: Banbury Business Park