Northrop Grumman Mgr General Manufacturing 2 in Baltimore, Maryland
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a General Manufacturing Manager 2 to join the Electronic Combat group within the Manufacturing organization. The Manager provides direction to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies. Overall responsibilities include: Driving employee efficiency, meeting product cost and schedule targets, managing the area to produce quality products, and engaging employees to achieve their highest potential. The Manager is expected to work independently across organizations; manage the use of consumables to achieve budget targets; assign and manage Operator and/or Test technicians if needed to maximize efficiency and achieve target productive yields; implement our process improvements to improve affordability, quality, and schedule; and perform required SAP/MES transactions to manage Operator and or Test Technicians, if needed. This position will be located at our BWI campus outside of Baltimore Maryland.
The work will include:
• Managing approximately 20 - 25 represented (union) employees.
• Responsible for driving the team to achieve monthly delivery objectives per programs with the cell.
• Ability to lead continuous improvement or lean projects in own area or across areas.
• Manager requires higher level understanding and have the ability to effectively give direction when related to ZC25 OKFS Assessment and closure, IBASE, inventory issues.
• Executing major programs in early phases of production that requires additional ability to interface with engineering and program
• Supporting ISO, LEAN, and Quality initiatives.
• Ability to document and standardize task and efforts
• Managing represented employees and interacting with Labor Relations
• Working to company policy, business conduct and standards
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience OR Master's degree with 7 years of experience
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Production environment
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Level Security Clearance is required. This requires US citizenship
• BS with 3 years of leadership experience
• Experience in a DOD environment
• Strong manufacturing/production background
• Experience working in a union environment
• Experience with SAP/MES
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production