Greater Baltimore Medical Center Medical Secretary in Baltimore, Maryland
- JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Under direct supervision and according to detailed instructions, policies, and procedures, provides general secretarial and clerical support for physician's office.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
1 year's experience (Additional education beyond high school may be substituted for experience).
· Knowledge in medical terminology
· General knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment; of business English, spelling, punctuation grammar and arithmetic.
· Skill in using a variety of office software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, and databases applications to produce documents.
· Skill in understanding and following oral and written instructions and in communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
· Skill in proofing office correspondence, forms, and other work product for typographical errors, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· Skill in performing basic arithmetic calculations.
· Skill in accurate alphabetical and numeric filing.
· Ability to sit, stand and pay close attention to detail.
· Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail and achieve a high level of efficiency with minimum errors, ability to prioritize work.
· Frequent standing, walking, and lifting (up to 20 pounds).
· Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
Conditions of Employment