Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - Full-time, Nights in Azle, Texas
Texas Health Azle seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Emergency Department.
The address is 108 Denver Trail, Azle, TX 76020
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant experience
• Shift is 7:00 pm – 7:00 am; full-time, 36 hours/week; (3) 12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
Check out this great opportunity to join the Texas Health Azle family.
Level IV Trauma Center and Accredited in Chest Pain Management
Pathways to Excellence-designated hospital
Texas Health Nursing Education opportunities including NCAP eligibility available
Community-based hospital conveniently located north-west of downtown Fort Worth
Small but busy 12 Bed Emergency Department has an average daily census of 60 - 70 patients and the Nurse/Patient Ratio is 1:3 - 1:4
We are proud of our family-oriented environment and the great working relationships we have with our physicians and each other.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate’s degree in nursing required; BSN preferred; Completion of BSN within two years
of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire required
• ACLS (AHA) within 30 days of hire
• CPI training within 60 days of hire and NIHSS within 90 days of hire
• PALS within 90 days of hire and TNCC within 12 month of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• ED, ICU/PCU, Tele and Med/Surge experience preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism. Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Texas Health Highlights
At Texas Health Azle we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 36-bed, community-based hospital serving our community since the 1950s. We provide exceptional care to the suburban areas of Azle, Lake Worth, Springtown and the surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for surgical services, emergency medicine, cardiology and adult intensive care services we’ve got it. Plus, we’re a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, an accredited Acute Heart Failure Center and provide, cardiology, outpatient surgery and rehabilitation care.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Azle is a Joint Commission-certified Level III Stroke Center, a Level IV Trauma Center, an accredited Chest Pain Management facility and a Pathways to Excellence-designated hospital. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for emergency services, pain care, rehabilitation and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
• Named #1 as 2020 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (6th consecutive year, 5th year as #1)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.