Compass Group, North America ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER, AUSTIN, TX in AUSTIN, Texas
Posted Date: Jun 9, 2021
We are now hiring for a ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER position.
Location: St. Edwards University, Austin, TX Note: online applications accepted only.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 550049. Additionally, you can get in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you unique with a Prerecorded Video Interview! Click here (https://vimeo.com/335887633) to learn more!
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We’re hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We’ve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
An Assistant General Manager for Bon Appétit Management Company is responsible for the overall success of the food service operations for one (or multiple Satellites) of the campus cafes by adhering to the Client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and Bon Appétit’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. This position oversees the daily administrative and operational tasks, including financial management and analysis, Compass computer programs including STAFF and CPM, sanitation and safety, as well as exceptional customer service for the units. This position solves problems professionally, rapidly and fairly as well as maintains and fosters a good work ethic, while supporting the Director of Operations, and developing a sense of teamwork and cooperation within the team.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
· Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
· Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education: High School Diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate (Hospitality and/or Culinary degree preferred)
· Experience: A minimum of 5 years in a leadership role with a high-end hotel or restaurant with multiple outlets and banquet facilities.
· General Hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices
· Ability to operate Web based ordering system, process customer requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles.
· Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications.
· Possess the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position.
· Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Bon Appétit guidelines.
· Wear a cut resistance glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
Associates at Bon Appétit are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
Associate Shopping Program
Health and Wellness Programs
Identity Theft Protection
Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 550049