Applied Materials 1603935 - IT Solutions Management in Austin, Texas
Negotiate with customers to design solutions to address complex cross functional needs. Identifies BKM's for integrated solution design and standards; Keeps abreast of technologies in the market and preform technology evaluations, as required. Works with multiple vendors for high quality resources and competitiveness
Perform and document software application configuration and/or coding, prepare and execute testing (unit, integration, performance, acceptance) and data conversions using standard tools and following established processes and guidelines. Supervises work of contract developers. Perform Quality assurance.
Monitors specific IT systems or set of systems for availability and performance and reports anomalies through predefined process. Participate in evaluation/recommendation of patches, point releases, major upgrades, and new systems.
Provides and/or oversees support services to GIS customers for specific IT service or set of services. Adheres to service management processes and procedures to meet customer service level agreements and maintain customer satisfaction. Completes root cause analysis of outages or incident trends (often working with managed services partner). Recommends preventative actions
Plan and manage projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with established processes and guidelines and guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality
Mentors and trains team members in product functionality, development and testing guidelines, tools, and methodologies
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Job Title: Enterprise HPC Systems Administrator
Summary: Responsible for administering, designing, and implementing linux High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters. Performs system administration duties on a linux high performance computing (HPC) cluster including cluster management, virtualization, cluster usage monitoring, health monitoring, job scheduling, application integration/installation (open source as well as vendor supported), and application performance. Improve cluster performance through kernel changes, firmware updates, library stack changes, and application container management such as docker.
Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs system administration duties on a linux HPC Cluster, cluster management, virtualization, cluster usage monitoring, health monitoring, job scheduling, and application integration/installation.
· Responsible for system implementation/integration and systems performance analysis.
· Manages hardware and software applications in the production environment provided to HPC users.
o Install software and updates
o Coordinates with vendors to resolve hardware and software problems in HPC Cluster.
o Facilitates the acquisition of hardware and software products and services for the HPC Cluster.
o Knowledge of commercial CAE software such as Ansys and ESI products a plus.
o Knowledge of Slurm or other open source job schedulers a plus.
o Compile, configure, and integrate open source applications into HPC environment.
o Able to learn and use internal software systems.
· Monitors the availability of patches and updates and evaluates the importance to the environment and schedules installations accordingly.
· Keeps abreast of the latest HPC hardware and software technology, evaluating technologies as needed.
· Designs, implements and administers high performance computing cluster, performing proof of concepts such as software containers (ex. Docker).
· Interacts effectively with a broad range of colleagues such as Applied Materials researchers and other IT staff.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Experience required: Knowledge of Linux and UNIX operating systems, including scripting and programming proficiencies. Demonstrate experience in programming system maintenance tasks in C, Java, Perl, batch/shell, or another general purpose programming language. Knowledge of NUMA and understanding of NUMA related APIs. Be able to perform complex performance analysis including system processes, I/O subsystems, networks and other related components. Must have experience with multi-threading and parallel processing tools and environments. Must have experience as a systems administrator. Must have advanced ability to analyze, design and architect complex IT systems. Experience with high-performance servers and associated high-performance networks. Experience installing and maintaining clustered environments, including automated installation methods. Knowledge of common server hardware architectures including servers (CPU, bus, memory), SANS, disk arrays, network hardware. Understanding of Red Hat Linux Operating system including processes, files, memory management and I/O systems; networking services and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, SSL, FTP, Telnet, LDAP). Understanding of IP networking, basic routing, TCP ports and network services, including SSH, LDAP, SFTP and HTTP(S). Ability to design, promote, and implement change control and configuration management, patch management, high availability systems, structured design and support methodologies. Must be organized with a strong ability to deliver tasks on time, manage multiple efforts and be able to work with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to proactively learn, adapt to and use new hardware/sof
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.