Audi Market Matter Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Market Matter Engineer (Job Number: AUD001536)
"Vorsprung durch Technik" or, "Progress through Technology" is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every Audi vehicle. It inspires the innovative solutions, revolutionary engineering and progressive design that have become synonymous with the Audi name. And it reminds us to challenge ourselves, rewrite the rules from time to time and always fuel our pioneering spirit. The spirit that sets us apart on the racetrack and the open road. In our relentless pursuit to become the number one premium car brand in America, we need employees who share in this spirit of challenging the status quo in everything that we do.
The Market Matter engineer is responsible for monitoring and identifying potentially safety relevant topics outside of the Single incidence process based on information from various inside and outside sources and the reporting of these topics to key stakeholders at AoA and Audi AG Ingolstadt. The role documents the detailed field situation and supports the issue resolution process by providing the necessary action items needed to analyze and resolve the topic in close cooperation with Audi AG.
Until the final topic closure the role continuously follows up on all action items, documents them, tracks resolution progress and timelines and escalates if needed to upper management.
Fault solving process – 80%
- Monitor product performance for potentially safety relevant topics based on various sources (e.g. Warranty data, incoming Technical Assistance Dealer contacts, SI contacts, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Vehicle Owners Questionnaires)
- Identify potential safety relevant topics, prepare topic overview with all details for internal topic review and decisions on safety relevance and report through proper channels
- Support issue resolution process in close cooperation with various departments of Audi AG (Technical Service counterparts, Quality Assurance, Production, Technical Development)
- Perform pre-analysis of defective parts and if necessary coordinate and prepare onsite vehicle analyses
- Support and provide all necessary action items needed to analyze and resolve the topic
- Continuously follow up on all action items and document them
- Track issue resolution progress and timelines and escalates if needed to upper management.
- Ensure close collaboration & communication with Single Incident engineers AoA\VWGoA\Audi AG
- Support various AoA/Audi AG activities (e.g. onsite analysis or auction center investigations)
Topic reporting – 20%
- Prepare detailed field situation / topic overview with all required data’s and technical details for reported topics for various decision making VWGoA and AUDI AG committee’s (MMG, APS)
Years of Relevant Experience
- 5-8 years of experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automoive industry
- Bachelor of Science in Automotive Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering or related discipline (desired)
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- MS Office proficiency
- Extensive technical and product knowledge
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Ability to interpret and apply quantitative methodologies
- Ability to self-motivate and support others
- German language skills (desired)
- Knowledge of the Audi AG and AoA Quality monitoring and failure resolution process (desired)
- Infrequent domestic and international (Germany) travel
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Auburn Hills