Chick-fil-A Sr. Analyst, Inventory and Demand Planning in Atlanta, Georgia
This position entails the planning, coordination, and managing of activities related to the physical inventory requirements in the Chick-fil-A Supply Distribution Centers (DC) and Production Distribution Centers (PDC). This includes forecasting, demand planning, inventory management, creating and issuing purchase orders, and supplier integration and relationship management. The position interfaces with suppliers, DC/PDC management, Chick-fil-A, Inc. Supply Chain, Marketing, QA, and Finance. The role will support multiple distribution/manufacturing centers.
This position requires the staff member to utilize a diverse range of skills and experiences in the overall support of company operations and requires a high degree of independence in the execution of these responsibilities. The Sr. Analyst works closely with the Chick-fil-A Supply leadership team to establish and continually improve the organization’s performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability through effective supply chain management methods and strategies. Furthermore, this role will be uniquely challenged with their participation in the building of a robust demand planning and inventory management organization that will ultimately be responsible for over $3 billion in inventory. This role will report to the Principal Team Lead, Inventory and Demand Planning and resides in Chick-fil-A Supply LLC.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
Chick-fil-A Supply®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., is an innovative distribution service provider focused on understanding and meeting the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants. Chick-fil-A Supply® ensures restaurants have the food and products they need through a seamless delivery experience that extends Chick-fil-A's culture of care. For more information, visit cfa-supply.com.
· Create and execute inventory strategies and purchasing procedures to ensure proper inventory quantities are purchased to consistently achieve strategic service level objectives, inventory targets and to minimize obsolescence
Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns
Leverage analytics skills and direct the data mining efforts needed to develop inventory and forecasting methods and strategies
Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
· Coordinate forecasts and inventory levels with the Chick-fil-A, Inc. Supply Chain team
Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management and cross functional teams
Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
Manage supplier relationships to ensure continuity of goods and services that meet the quality, service, and price performance standards of the company
Manage the inbound logistics process to ensure suppliers and carriers are meeting the requirements of Chick-fil-A Supply operations
· Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, engineering or other related field· 2+ years of experience in a demand planning/inventory management role· General understanding of inventory management practices and procedures· Strong aptitude to solve problems and improve processes· Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Experience analyzing large data sets using analytical techniques
· Strong written and oral communication skills· Humility to come in and learn a new business, while applying relevant experience· Ability to work independently and on cross-functional teams· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint· Knowledge of basic procurement and transportation practices
· Advanced degree in analytics or statistical modeling· 5+ years of experience in a demand planning/inventory management role· Experience building reports/analyses on large data sets using analytical tools (e.g. Excel, JMP, SAS, Tableau, etc.)· Intermediate understanding of SQL and/or some knowledge of a scripting/compiled/statistical programming language (e.g. Python, R, .NET, C++, Java, etc.)· Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Warehouse Management, and Transportation Management systems
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Required – Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, other related field; Preferred – Analytics or Statistical Modeling
Position TypeExperienced Professionals