Newell Brands National Account Manager - Writing in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Title: National Account Manager - Writing
Reports to: Director, Sales
Location: Atlanta, GA
The National Account Manager (NAM) is responsible for developing, executing and fostering a collaborative business partnership between Newell Brands and assigned customers that delivers volumes, share and profit objectives for the Company. This role will build, manage and execute Joint Business Plans with the customer and gain internal alignment from cross functional partners. Set and achieve stretch core distribution targets and ISV objectives of Newell Brands products to align with the customers go to market strategy. Execute consumer and shopper driven strategies that enable Newell Brands to achieve best in class results. Utilize leading edge data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits through price optimization for Newell Brands and our customers. Build customer relationships at multiple levels and facilitate connectivity in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Communications and Operations. Deliver results while maintaining the highest level of integrity.
• Deliver sales and profitability targets.
• Build customer relationships at the buyer and Divisional Merchandising Manager (DMM) levels and facilitates connectivity in other cross-functional areas.
• Execute consumer and shopper driven strategies for their customers.
• Use data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits.
• Lead process for managing trade spend/customer programs in collaboration with trade and finance through management of internal systems / processes
• Lead the Business Segment on the needs of the Customer.
• Develop and execute Customer & Category Strategic Development and annual operating plan.
• Lead the development of Joint Business Plans which enable aligned strategies and targets
• Negotiates and manages trade funds to create customer and company value by consistently measuring and enforcing trade terms and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Works with demand planning to develop accurate sales forecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy Monitors the competitors' brands and products as well as our market share, competitor market share, and target market share to understand shopper trends and opportunities and communicating to appropriate sales, trade and brand management
• Collaborates with trade marketing to provide and explain market data to the customer
• Works with trade to implement methods that assist our customers in effectively and creatively winning with consumers, shoppers, end-users, and purchasers through promotions, packaging and merchandising.
• Leverages our brands and product mix to improve profitability and meet customer, shopper, and Newell Brands targets
Values and Behaviors:
• Drives commitment for brand and consumer leadership with our customers
• Embraces a culture in which learning is widely shared across functions, teams, and business units
• Fosters an environment that generates break-through thinking and ideas, while at the same time remaining consumer, shopper and customer focused
• Drives organizational culture, strategy execution, and achievement of Newell Brands Values and demonstrates leadership competencies dally
• Supports and environment where people can be empowered to make solid decisions toward developing a winning culture
• Participates in an environment where successes are recognized, shared, and celebrated together
• Acts with integrity; conducts business fairly and ethically every day
• Bachelors/University degree in Business Administration (strongly preferred)
• 7+ years sales and/or trade experience
• Selling experience within consumer products, preferably across multiple brands
• Experience developing and managing Sales and Trade budgets
• Experience managing and / or influencing others
• Experience with a minimum $50M book of business
• Background in dealing with selling “the bag” of multiple brands across many categories
• Initiative & follow-through
• Solid analytical skills and acute attention to details
• Strong project management skills
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to lead cross functional team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present data in an organized manner
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Conflict Management/Composure; Technical Knowledge
• Up to 15-25% Travel
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.