Microsoft Corporation Group Finance Manager - Data Governance in Atlanta, Georgia
Microsoft Finance is a complex organization that needs to not only make sound financial decisions but also reason over large data sets to provide insights to its internal business partners in every other organization in Microsoft. To effectively do this the data estate that Microsoft Finance presides over is diverse, complex and has many different legacy and modern applications that produces and manages the data.
We are looking for passionate, multi-disciplinary professional to drive these activities and act as a chief data officer.
The chief data officer will build upon existing assets to deliver and drive thoughtful governance on data.
• Articulate the data strategy for the data estate that spans core financial systems (such as the ERP and Core Tools), Third party and custom tools and Non-Financial Data. As with any large enterprise our data estate includes traditional financial master data such as the SAP code block, but also data that originates as unstructured data from a variety of telemetry.
• Continue to build a cogent data strategy for data assets that span traditional assets (SQL DBs, Cubes and Reports) and Modern assets such as Data Lakes and other Big data platforms. A critical success factor will involve partnering with Core Services Engineering to ensure meta data management within data lakes. Data storage has new paradigms available and we will look to the candidate to help us unify our archival practices
• The partnership will involve continuing the existing work on driving thought leadership on managing large datasets such as professionals can reason over them using AI technologies like Machine Learning, use of automation and BOT. We will look to the candidate to use pivot us to AI driven governance rather than process and people centric
• This in turn will lead to work around unlocking the insights that are contained in financial data that enhances the visualization through Power BI. Master data and meta data management will need detailed attention
• Join and help drive a data stewardship program for the SAP code block fields, non-SAP finance master data and critical non-financial data and act as data officer for the financial enterprise. Solid data stewardship will assist in ensuring good controls and hygiene on critical data
• There will be key aspects our data culture that will need careful thought and we will look to the candidate to continue our cultural transformation
The successful candidate will be a passionate data strategist as well as both a program manager and a subject matter expert (SME) that can help Microsoft Finance reap the benefits of a solid governance program. Be able to combine knowledge of finance / accounting systems or other metrics management, experience with managing databases, reports and dashboards, and data visualization. Managing a diverse set of stakeholders, project management expertise and strong communications will be essential to success
Our team also drives portions of the Modern Finance program that includes building tools and customer outreach to showcase our digital transformation. You will have an opportunity to learn and drive a higher and deeper level of quality into our data supply chain and play a part in Microsoft’s Digital Transformation Modern Finance. There is an exciting opportunity in this role is to make an impact that will be felt not just within the Finance BI organization but also to all the business partners we work with.
• Ability to drive for results through ownership and continuous passion for improvements
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to plan and manage large scale, complex projects within agreed deadlines
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively cross–organizationally and cross-culturally
• Strong interpersonal awareness skills
• Ability to manage conflict and negotiate resolution
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
• Knowledge of the enterprise wide data supply chain for both Financial and Non-Financial data will be an added plus
• Knowledge of big data, machine learning and BOTs
• Knowledge of power BI or other data visualization platforms will be an added plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft business processes and organizational structure
• Strong cross-group collaboration skill: get results from partners and team leaders who may have different preference or priority
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Education – Bachelor’s degree in IT, Finance, Accounting or relevant field
• Minimum 15+ years relevant experience
• Minimal travel domestically and/or internationally
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.