PPD Sr Lab Support Tech in Athlone, Ireland
Sr Lab Support Technician - Athlone, Ireland
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
This role will work with various teams within Lab Support Services (Metrology, sample entry, stability, Lab support, Goods inwards etc) and assist in maintenance of laboratory systems. The successful candidate will work on stability and storage projects.
- Support daily lab Support operations under direction of senior staff members
- Perform technical and record keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies
- Perform inventory tracking procedures (receipt, check-in), login, labelling, inventory, transport, check-out)
- Process samples for storage
- Provide logistical support in relation to shipments and tracking of clinical supplies
- Process inbound and outbound shipping issues including communication with couriers to identify issues and solutions
- Other duties as required within Lab Support Services
- Follow SOPS and GLPs
- Min. Degree level education in Engineering or Science discipline
- Previous experience of min. 1 year in a GMP environment that provides the desirable experience (i.e. in pharma environment, warehouse/shipping, material control etc)
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
Annual Leave 25 days
Medical Health care cover
*We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD - *
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.
Organization: *IE BU
Title: Sr Lab Support Tech
Location: IE-IE-Athlone-Athlone IE Business %26 Tech Pk
Requisition ID: 204035
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group