Superior Energy Services Operator Winch in Arnaudville, Louisiana
International Snubbing Services (ISS) utilizes technology, innovation and imagination to meet the changing needs of its clients and stay ahead of the competition. Founded in 1982, ISS has a long history in the well control business and is the only company that maintains custom-built equipment strictly for well control applications. This equipment has been specifically designed to handle extreme and hazardous well conditions, even in the most remote of locations. The company's experienced teams are trained to the highest level of certification and are multi-national and multi-lingual, backed by an equipment line that is the most modern in the world. Our outstanding safety record is testimony to the level of commitment we place on working efficiently and wisely, while protecting our employees. ISS is looking for individuals with the ability to travel both domestically and globally as needed.
Excellent Benefit: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, Matching 401(k)
Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires. ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veterans.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Conduct common supportive activities during all stages of the hydraulic workover operations, and perform basic maintenance activities and/or equipment preparations. Control loads and know weight limitations while hoisting tubulars with counter balance winches during HWO or Snubbing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Load and unload equipment.
• Assist in rig-up and rig-down on HWO or Snubbing unit and related equipment.
• Operate the CB winch during pipe tripping operation with all tubular sizes.
• Assist on all ground operations during HWO pipe rack operations.
• Inspect winch packages for correct installation on gin pole and hydraulics for leaks and other visible problems.
• Maintain general housekeeping; cleaning, painting equipment, etc. on location and at yard.
• Check all lift/winch cables for kinks, broken wires, end splices, safety links, swivels, shackles, and lift nubbins that are being used are in a safe working order.
• Function test winch equipment while fully rigged up.
• Correctly install all cables on gin pole. (Counter Balance, Main Hoist and Scoping cable)
• Assist in basket operation as trainer and replacement.
• Perform basic maintenance duties, lubricating and fueling equipment.
• Inspect lay down line and strap for wear.
• Operate choke manifold and line up circulating manifold to stand pipe or kill line.
• Report all near misses and injuries immediately to the supervisor.
• Handle and weigh drilling or brine fluids.
• Attend and take an active role in daily safety meetings.
• Participate in company reporting systems: Hazard Hunt, SHARP Card, and Incident notification.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Experienced in forklift operation.
• Maintain valid Well control certification.
• HUET, Water Survival and Basic Firefighting
• Knowledge of and ability to read and comprehend equipment certification and test charts.
• FAST Training
• Behavior Based Safety System and Risk Assessments.
Job Locations US-LA-Arnaudville
Posted Date 3 days ago (9/16/2020 2:23 PM)
Company Name: International Snubbing Services, LLC
Category: Field Operations
Superior’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age (40 and above), sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status. Our policy emphasizes equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring, placement, upgrading, and other employment status changes, and in all other matters concerning the treatment of applicants and our employees. We are committed to selecting and employing the best and most qualified person available for each job opening without unlawful discrimination of any kind.