General Dynamics Information Technology SAS Analyst in Arlington, Virginia
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Job Family: Data Analysis
General Dynamics Information Technology has an immediate opportunity for a SAS Analyst with the following duties and responsibilities included (but not limited to):
• Responsible for the functional/technical administration of Enterprise SAS environment. This includes supporting the technical architecture as well as supporting end user inquiries.
• Provide subject matter expertise for production and / or platform issues.
• Establish best practices and guidelines for use of the SAS platform.
• Evaluate performance and recommend / implement measures to improve performance of the SAS environment.
• Provide recommendations on current and future platform capacity requirements.
• Create and maintain a library of supporting documentation.
• Support multiple analytic tools under Enterprise SAS such as SAS studio, Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide, SAS Visual Analytics, and SAS Management Studio.
• Apply maintenance releases, upgrades, and hot-fixes as required
• Design solutions to reduce the operational and management complexity of the SAS platform
• Design, implement, and maintain platform security
• Create SAS libraries
• Register and mange metadata for SAS libraries
• Maintain SAS user access
• Renew SAS licenses
• 3-5 years’ experience in SAS implementation, installation, architecture design, and administration
• Hands-on experience with SAS (PC SAS, Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, Enterprise Miner, SAS Studio)
• Strong SAS BASE development and debugging skills
• Experience with SAS Management Console and / or SAS Environment Manager
• Experience writing SAS programs and creating SAS configuration files
• Experience administering multi-tier SAS environments; various types of SAS servers; troubleshooting same
• Background in administering SAS Mid-tier (e.g., Stored Process, Workspace, OLAP, SAS VA, LASR Analytics servers)
• Proficient in SQL, Oracle, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
• Familiar with UNIX/LINUX shell scripting
• SAS Platform Administrator certification preferred
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.