Robert Half International Payroll Specialist in arlington, Virginia
Our client is a growing Aerospace Government Contractor looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their team. This person will be working directly under the Payroll Manager and it will just be those two in the Payroll department. They will be responsible for the full cycle of Payroll for 800+ employees utilizing ADP. The Payroll Specialist will be surrounded by a family oriented environment with managers that believe in mentoring. The company offers strong benefits that include medical, vision, dental, 401k, PTO, among other perks.
Payroll Specialist duties may include:
· Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll for 800+ employees
· Work closely with HR on requested changes
· Process new hires, terminations, employee changes, benefits and tax administration using ADP
· Audit timesheets in Deltek T&E to ensure charge codes/pay types are properly recorded.
· Process timesheet corrections in Deltek T&E & Costpoint
· Balance payroll information between systems to ensure accuracy of payroll disbursements
· Assist in the preparation of payroll & management reports, to include journal entries, payroll account reconciliation, workers compensation and reconciliation of payroll taxes
· Assist in the preparation of annual W-2 statements and reconciliation
· Support and assist employees with concerns or questions regarding payroll and system troubleshooting inquiries.
· Provide administrative support as needed
Candidates for the Billing Coordinator position should meet some or all of the following requirements:
· 2+ years’ experience with processing payrolls in an organization with at least 500 employees
· Demonstrated knowledge of payroll systems to include the understanding of payroll processing and payroll tax laws.
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now
· Experience with Deltek T&E and Costpoint
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines under pressure
· Demonstrated experience with Excel, various spreadsheets and automated payroll systems
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
Payroll Specialist candidates should submit a Word version of their resume to Torie Pittari, Recruiting Manager of Permanent Placement Services, at Torie.Pittari@roberthalf.com for review.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professoinals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 / Yearly
Location: arlington, VA
Date Posted: March 25, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04510-9502530967
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance