Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse/RN - Emergency Room/ER/ED - PRN III Nights in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington Memorial seeks to hire a PRN III Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department.
The address is 800 W. Randol Mill Road, TX 76012
The PRN rate is $41.00/hr.
• PRN - Nights - 72 hours a month - 2 weekend shifts/month
• Basic Human Needs - Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
• Human Respect - Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance
• Affiliation Needs - Engages family/caregivers in health care situations.
• Mutual Problem Solving - Professional behaviors that help patients and families understand how to confront, learn about, and think about their health and illness; involves a reciprocal, shared approach with resulting decisions acceptable to involved parties.
• Attentive Reassurance - Listens and concentrates on others. Is reliable, available and attentive.
• Encouraging Manner - The professional nurse communicates an attitude that is supportive, open, positive and tolerant.
• Healing Environment - The professional nurse creates settings that provide privacy, safety, confidentiality and tranquility
• Teamwork -- "Individuals caring for individuals, together"
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associates Degree of Nursing is required (completion of BSN within two years earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption. Please contact your human resources department for additional information or questions.)
• Bachelors Degree in Nursing is preferred
• CLIAFE – Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency is required
• Two (2) years of experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program is required
• RN – Registered Nurse is required upon hire AND
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support is required upon hire (expiration date greater than 6 months is preferred) AND
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training required within 60 days of hire AND
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required within 6 months of hire AND
• TNCC - Trauma Nursing Core Course is required within 12 months of hire AND
• PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support is required within 12 months of hire
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
At Texas Health Arlington Memorial we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 369-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1958. Our location in central Arlington provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, an accredited Acute Heart Failure Center and provide wellness services, outpatient surgery and women’s imaging services.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, a Cycle III Chest Pain Center and a designated Magnet hospital. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.