Lockheed Martin NC Machine Operator (Second Shift) in Archbald, Pennsylvania
Description: Sets up and operates one or more CNC controlled machines, performing such operations as drilling, milling, boring, turning, threading, tapping, etc; on any and all types of work within the scope of the machine.
Selects and loads proper CNC program in machine control to insure proper operation of the machine.
Pre-sets, shapes, sharpens and installs proper cutting tools, selects proper speeds, feeds and depth of cut to maintain proper quantity and quality standards. Has first piece approved by inspection. Makes adjustments during production run as required to maintain quality parts.
Uses various hand tools such as files, hammers, wrenches, etc; and various measuring tools such as micrometers, verniers, depth gages, indicators etc.
Must understand the cutting properties of both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Cleans up machine, equipment, and work area.
Must have a thorough knowledge of the correct procedures to follow and precautions to take when performing his work in order to prevent injury to himself/herself and/or others.
Receives written and/or verbal instructions, interprets prints, sketches, etc.
Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
This is a second shift position
• Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints
• Proficiency in use of Measuring Equipment and able to verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications
• Proficiency with a PC and related software
• 2 years of combined training and experience operating CNC equipment
• Must know M & G code to be able to edit & trouble shoot CNC program at machine using FANUC controls
• Excellent knowledge of tooling and cutting condition calculations; know proper use and selection of different inserts, cutting tools and cutting tool geometries
• Experience working/machining steel, aluminum and stainless steel with knowledge of machining speeds and feeds required
• Reading and comprehension skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Shop Math and Arithmetic skills
• Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• High school diploma or GED
• Experience pre-setting cutting tools and setting up fixtures in machines
• Experience in set up and operation of CNC lathes
• Experience in set up and operation of CNC horizontal machining centers
• Experience programming CNC equipment
• Experience programming with GibbsCAM
• Experience with ProE Solids Modeling
• Excellent knowledge of GD&T
• Ability to perform engineering calculations related to machining
• Experience with special process, i.e., plating, welding, heat treat, etc.
• Experience as CNC operator in multiple machine cellular manufacturing operation
• Experience as sheet metal machine attendant in multiple process cellular manufacturing operation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.