KeyBank Client Experience Associate in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Client Experience AssociateinAnn Arbor, MIatKeyBank
Date Posted: 10/17/2020
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 100 South Main Street Ann Arbor, MI
Date Posted: 10/17/2020
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
Client Experience Associate provides sales, client service and administrative support to enable assigned Key Private Bank officers (Relationship Manager, Wealth Advisor, Client Experience Manager) to deliver an exceptional client experience, high quality service and to maximize sales production. Provides operational and documentation support to officers, while also Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to expand and retain client relationships. Collaborates with Client Strategist Associates to support organization of sales team members and assist officers as required throughout each step of the Key Private Bank sales and client experience process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Build and maintain client relationships
• Provide organizational support to assigned Key Private Bank (KPB) Officer, Relationship Manager (RM), Wealth Advisor (WA) and/or Client Experience Manager (CEM) in execution of the KPB Sales and Client Experience process, which may include supporting the following
• Prepare and participate in the development of sales presentations, relationship reviews, and other materials for client meeting. Assist in developing client Roadmap, Dossier and Wealth Issues Review
• Scheduling of internal and external meetings (Pre / Post Call team meetings and Client Meetings)
• Coordinate new client onboarding process
• Coordinate officer transitions
• Ensure integrity of client data / submit maintenance as required
• Contribute to overall office experience
• Conduct and participate in Annual Service Reviews
• Provide support for end to end ownership of the client experience through collaboration, coordination and personal ownership of all client activities with KPB Sales Team (including Client Experience Associates), Wealth Services and centralized support teams. Activities are seen through to completion with proactive communication (i.e. acknowledge requests, provide an estimated time of completion and follow up).
• Leverage sales teams to generate requests for account information, research and issue resolution.
• Identify opportunities to retain and expand relationships. Gather information from the client and consult with the KPB officer (RM, WA, CEM). Recommend product solutions, such as Investment Management & Trust (IM&T), financial planning, depository accounts, treasury management, loans, etc. Quote interest rates, when appropriate, providing necessary disclosures.
• Maintain client data quality and leverage Customer Relationship Management system (Salesforce) to update client information.
• Onboard new clients to Wealth Direction (WD) and provide client and advisor support in leveraging WD in client activities.
• Handle and resolve routine requests, processes transactions, such as wire transfers, issuance of cashiers checks, non-sufficient funds and overdrafts within established levels of authority. Refer appropriate matters to KPB Officer (RM, WA, CEM).
• Resolve issues and follow up with clients and/or advisors to ensure satisfaction.
• Will likely serve as the primary contact for some client relationships.
• Generate new deposit account documentation. Maintain client files and records that include properly executed signature cards and all required supporting documentation i.e. corporate resolutions, copies of legal agreements, etc.
• Onboard new IM&T account, including pre-acceptance, new account paperwork, asset collection, Keylink and fee set-up.
• Generate and/or coordinate the preparation of loan documents. Ensure that the loan documents are consistent with the terms and conditions of the loan approval. Able to interpret terms and conditions of the various loan documents, including the terms and conditions on unique and complex credit facilities. Monitor reports and initiate client contact to request financial information, collateral reports, etc. in support of loan renewals and reviews. Organize and maintain credit files in a manner consistent with corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Initiate credit write-ups and complete basic client information, maturity dates, account information, etc. Ensure the completion of basic information prior to the Relationship Manager completing the narrative of the credit summary. Credit duties may be assigned across associates as needed.
• Interpret reports and take action to maintain asset quality. Prevent and, when appropriate, resolve loan documentation exceptions. Follow-up to resolve loan delinquencies and/or under margin exposure.
• Report significant account developments or concerns to the assigned KPB officer.
• Ensure accurate and timely client information in the systems that generate reports and support sales and service activities.
• Ensure new accounts and services are set-up and properly coded.
• Participate in special projects as requested.
• Support / Back up all client experience and strategist associates as required to ensure the execution of the overall KPB Client Experience
Operational and Compliance activities
• Complete role specific coursework outlined in My Learning Center learning plans and within the KPB role specific training roadmap.
• Effectively Manage Risks and Rewards - Adhere to internal policies, laws and regulations and complete risk training by defined due dates
• Participate in KPB operational forums (Service Council calls) or other training opportunities as they become available
Actively participate on the Administration teams:
• Provide backup and support for other Client Strategists and Client Experience Associates.
• Assist with training peer associates.
• Serve as a resource for the team on identified processing situations or other projects as needed.
• Participate in Key Private Bank efficiencies, i.e. identify issues (determine if systemic), provide solutions, and escalate if appropriate.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with other team members, Wealth Services and centralized support areas to ensure high quality and timely administration of assigned fiduciary accounts and a seamless delivery of the Client Experience.
• Bachelor s Degree Preferred or equivalent experience
• A minimum of three to five years related work experience or equivalent combination of work/educational background.
• General knowledge of financial products and services, including banking, trust and investments.
• Demonstrated proficiency and effectiveness in client service skills (including handling client/prospect and Center of Influence (COI) inquiries and relationships), communication skills (including verbal, phone and written), and problem resolution skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency and effectiveness in organizational skills including the ability to balance multiple requests and prioritize tasks in an efficient manner or order to support multiple people.
• Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to work, make decisions and manage client relationships independently while managing competing priorities.
• Ability to multi-task, quickly change direction and have an independent work ethic.
• Ability to maintain all servicing aspects of the client relationship.
• Ability to exercise discretion due to accessing and handling hi
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.